Presto Gigabit Ethernet PCIe Pro
Advanced Network Connection
Whether you need to add a third Gigabit Ethernet port to your Mac Pro for improved performance, or step up to Gigabit Ethernet connectivity for your PC, get a Sonnet Presto™ Gigabit PCIe Pro Gigabit Ethernet adapter card for PCI Express for an advanced networking solution! This Sonnet card supports link aggregation(1) with your computer’s onboard Gigabit Ethernet ports and full duplex communication to achieve 2000 Mbps transfer rates-the ideal solution for high-bandwidth data transfer requirements. Presto Gigabit Ethernet PCIe Pro also supports 9000 byte jumbo packet transfers (compared to 1500 byte standard packets) to support higher performance and reduced overhead when transferring large files.
Presto Gigabit PCIe Pro supports gigabit speeds over common CAT-5 cabling, so costly cable replacement is unnecessary. If your computer already has onboard Gigabit Ethernet, you can add a Presto Gigabit PCIe Pro and use it for dedicated connection to a printer, AirPort® Extreme base station, DSL or cable modem, or a video server, while leaving your onboard Gigabit Ethernet port(s) available for other connections.
Presto Gigabit PCIe Pro is compatible in Mac Pro, and Power Mac G5 & Xserve & PCs with a PCI Express (PCIe) slot. Offering simple configuration, this Sonnet card is easy to use, and its support for 1000/100/10BaseT auto-negotiation and full/half duplex communication enable it to be used in most networks.
Whether you need to add a third Gigabit Ethernet port to your Mac Pro for improved performance, or step up to Gigabit Ethernet connectivity for your PC, get a Sonnet Presto Gigabit PCIe Pro Gigabit Ethernet adapter card for PCI Express for an advanced networking solution!
- Simple way to add or expand Gigabit Ethernet connectivity to any compatible computer
- Supports gigabit speeds on common CAT-5 cabling-no need for costly cable replacement
- Supports link aggregation with onboard Gigabit Ethernet ports(1)
- Full/half duplex
- 1000/100/10BaseT auto-negotiation
- Plug and play installation in Mac computers
- Native PCI Express (PCIe) x1 host bus interface
Manufacturer Part Number
- IEEE 802.3 10BaseT
- IEEE 802.3u 100BaseT
- IEEE 802.3ad 1000BaseT
- One RJ-45 connector supports 1000Mbps, 100Mbps,
10Mbps network speed and Auto-MDI/MDI-X
- Gigabit Ethernet (1000BaseT, 100BaseTX, 10BaseT)
- Supports Link Aggregation
Maximum packet size
- 9000 bytes (Jumbo packets)
- Mac Pro(2)
- Power Mac G5 with PCI Express slots
- Xserve with PCI Express slots
- Mac OS X Version 10.5.2 and later
- Snow Leopard compatible, with both 32 bit and 64 bit kernels
- PC with PCI Express slot(2)
- Windows Vista
- Windows Server 2003
- Windows XP SP2
- Link aggregation not supported by Windows Vista.
- Not compatible with a PCIe 2.0 slot (Slot #2 in 2008 Mac Pro)
Specifications subject to change without notice.