Rack 'Em Up!
For a long time, Apple® kept a secret that was well known to a lot of people-Mac mini computers make sweet basic servers. They even acknowledged this fact by creating Mac mini Servers with dual hard drives and no optical disc drive. Apple did not, however, mention how you should integrate Mac mini into a server rack. Setting them on a simple shelf is an option, but security is nonexistent-there is no built-in option to secure the computer, which limits the Mac mini's potential for widespread use in server racks. Sonnet's RackMac mini fulfills the potential, making it simple to install and secure one or two Mac mini (Mid 2010 or Mid 2011) computers inside a rugged, powder-coated steel enclosure that occupies a 1U rack space.
RackMac mini places one or two Mac mini computers behind a robust front panel and beneath an attached top cover to deter theft. Despite its solid build, the handsome RackMac mini was designed with easy operation in mind. Front panel buttons operate the computers' rear-mounted power switches with ease. USB ports on the front enable you to connect a keyboard, optical drive, flash drive, or almost any other USB peripheral to each computer without having to access the back of the rack. RackMac mini even allows you to insert CDs and DVDs, and view the computer's power indicator LEDs through front panel slots and holes, respectively.
Travel Ready and Tidy
RackMac mini's top cover padding prevents your computers from moving around, even during transport. Combine that design element with a very shallow 11-inch mounting depth, and you have a product perfect for use in portable rack applications. RackMac mini allows easy access to your computers' ports from the back or top of the enclosure. Anchor points in the enclosure provide a place to insert cable ties to secure the power cord and any other attached cables for a clean installation.
Secure, Not Sealed
RackMac mini secures your Mac minis without sealing them off. Slots in the front panel and strategically placed seals enable RackMac mini to manage the airflow through each computer from front to back, keeping them cool even when the enclosure is mounted between two other components. RackMac mini's design also allows normal WiFi and Bluetooth wireless operation.
- Securely installs one or two Mac mini computers or servers inside a 1U rackmount enclosure
- Places the computers behind a robust front panel and beneath an attached top cover to deter theft
- Enables operation of computers' power switches through front panel buttons, while front panel USB ports allow connection of a USB peripheral (keyboard, flash drive, etc.) to each computer
- Allows insertion of CDs and DVDs and viewing of power indicator LEDs through front panel slots and holes, respectively
- Shallow mounting depth, and top cover padding which anchors the computers firmly in place make RackMac mini perfectly suited for portable rack installations
- Manages airflow through each computer from front to back, even when RackMac mini is mounted between two other rackmount components
- Provides open access to back of the computers to connect and disconnect cables; anchor points for cable ties provide simple cable management
- 17.0 x 11.0 x 1.7 in.
(43.8 x 27.9 x 4.4 cm)
- RackMac mini enclosure documentation
Mac mini (Late 2014)
Model ID: Macmini7,1
1.4GHz, 2.6GHz, 2.8GHz, 3.0GHz
Mac mini (Late 2012 Server)
Model ID: Macmini6,2
Mac mini (Late 2012)
Model ID: Macmini6,1 & Macmini6,2
2.3GHz, 2.5GHz, 2.6GHz
Mac mini (Mid 2011 Server)
Model ID: Macmini5,3
Mac mini (Mid 2011)
Model ID: Macmini5,1 & Macmini5,2
2.3GHz, 2.5GHz, 2.7GHz
Mac mini (Mid 2010 Server)
Model ID: Macmini4,1
Mac mini (Mid 2010)
Model ID: Macmini4,1