Mercury Accelsior E2
Quick Start Guide
- OWC Mercury Accelsior E2 PCIe card
- 2 Mercury Accelsior SSD blades
- Quick Start Guide
- Mac OS X 10.6.8-10.11.6
- macOS 10.12 or later
- Boot Camp: OWC Dual Boot Enabler required Download >>
- Intel Mac Pro with an available PCIe 2.0 or 1.0 slot capable of supporting a x2 PCIe card. For optimal performance, use a PCIe 2.0 slot running at x4 speeds or greater.
- Windows Vista and later
- PC with an available PCIe 2.0 or 1.0 slot capable of supporting x2 PCIe cards. For optimal performance, use a PCIe 2.0 slot running at x4 speeds or greater
Before Installing the Mercury Accelsior E2 PCIe SSD:
- Power off the computer and unplug it from its power source.
- Take appropriate electrostatic discharge precautions
Attention: Observe Precautions For Handling Electrostatic Sensitive Devices
Your computer is a static-sensitive device. It is susceptible to invisible damage if not protected during installation. We recommend proper grounding by using a grounding strap. Make sure to work in a clean, static-free area, and avoid wearing clothing that retains static charges.
Open the computer’s chassis and locate an available PCIe slot (see requirements). For optimal performance, use a PCIe 2.0 slot running at x4 speeds or greater.
Remove the PCIe slot cover.
Gently insert the Mercury Accelsior E2 card into the PCIe slot and secure the bracket to the computer chassis according to the manufacturer’s recommendation.
After installing the card, start your computer.
Using your preferred operating system installation disk or method, install the OS as you normally would.
© 2017 OWC. All rights reserved OWC and Mercury Accelsior are trademarks of New Concepts Development Corporation, registered in the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office and/or in Canada. The OWC logo is a trademark of New Concepts Development Corporation. Apple, Mac, Mac Pro, macOS, and OS X are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the United States and other countries. Microsoft, Windows, and Windows Vista are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries. Other marks may be the trademark or registered trademark property of their owners.
Free 24/7 Support Chat
Our award-winning support team is ready to answer all of your questions. Talk with a human today...