OWC Terms, Conditions and Policies
At OWC Our Customers Come First! Quality Products, Competitive Prices, Expert Support since 1988
OWC 3 Year Enterprise Limited Warranty and User Modification Agreement
Other World Computing, Inc., hereafter referred to as “OWC” warrants that the hardware product(s) you have purchased, including but not limited to Jellyfish products: Nomad, Studio, Tower, R24, XT, and Jupiter products: Jupiter Mini, Jupiter Callisto, and Jupiter Kore, are free from defects in materials and workmanship under normal use and service. This limited warranty is valid for a period of three (3) years from the date of delivery, subject to the terms and conditions set forth herein.
User Modification Restrictions
- OWC strictly prohibits the opening, disassembling, or attempting to modify any part of the product(s) as originally delivered without prior written consent.
- Any unauthorized opening, disassembly, or modification of the product(s) will void this warranty, and OWC will not be liable for any resulting damage or malfunction.
Request for Modification
If you wish to modify the product(s) for a specific purpose or need, you must seek written consent from OWC. To request such consent, please contact our Customer Support team at 1311 S Flower Street, Burbank, CA 91502. OWC may grant or deny consent at its discretion, and any approved modifications will be subject to a separate agreement.
To make a warranty claim, the end user must follow the procedures outlined in the product's user manual or on OWC’s website. OWC will repair or replace the product at its discretion if it is found to be defective under the terms of this warranty.
OWC shall not be liable for any losses, damages, or costs resulting from:
- Unauthorized modification or disassembly by the end user.
- Accidents, misuse, abuse, negligence, or improper installation.
- Use of the product(s) in a manner inconsistent with the user manual or intended purpose.
- Acts of nature, including but not limited to lightning, floods, fires, or other natural disasters.
- Other circumstances beyond OWC's control, including, but not limited to, acts of war or terrorism, strikes, material or labor shortages, riots or insurrections, embargoes, or other delays in transportation or production beyond OWC's reasonable control.
Limitation of Liability
OWC's liability under this warranty is limited to the repair or replacement of the product(s) as described above. AS PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, OWC SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ALL STATUTORY OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND WARRANTIES AGAINST HIDDEN OR LATENT DEFECTS.
TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, OWC IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES RESULTING FROM ANY BREACH OF WARRANTY OR CONDITION, OR UNDER ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO LOSS OF USE; LOSS OF REVENUE; LOSS OF PROFITS; LOSS OF ANTICIPATED SAVINGS; LOSS OF BUSINESS; LOSS OF OPPORTUNITY; LOSS OF GOODWILL; DAMAGE TO OR CORRUPTION OF DATA; OR ANY INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL LOSS OR DAMAGE HOWSOEVER CAUSED INCLUDING THE REPLACEMENT OF EQUIPMENT AND PROPERTY, ANY COSTS OF RECOVERING, PROGRAMMING, OR REPRODUCING ANY PROGRAM OR DATA STORED OR USED WITH OWC PRODUCTS AND ANY FAILURE TO MAINTAIN THE CONFIDENTIALITY OF DATA STORED ON THE PRODUCT.
OWC DISCLAIMS ANY REPRESENTATION THAT IT WILL BE ABLE TO REPAIR ANY PRODUCT OR MAKE A PRODUCT EXCHANGE WITHOUT RISK TO OR LOSS OF THE PROGRAMS OR DATA.
This warranty is governed by the laws of the State of Illinois. Any disputes arising from or related to this warranty shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of McHenry County, Illinois.
By using the product(s) as delivered, you acknowledge that you have read and agree to the terms and conditions outlined in this Hardware Warranty and User Modification Agreement.