External Optical DrivesBlu-ray up to 16X, DVD up to 24X, DVD-DL up to 16X, CD-RW up to 48X Read/Write(burn) speeds.
Shop now »
Internal Reader/Writer Options by Mac ModelUpgrade/Replace current SuperDrive or CD-RW/Combo for Faster Performance and/or more capability.
- MacBook Pro 17" (All-models pre-"Unibody") From: $54.99
- MacBook Pro 15" (All models prior to "Unibody" Oct/2008) From: $49.99
- MacBook (All models prior to 'Unibody' Oct/2008) From: $49.99
- Mac Pro (2009-2012 models) From: $17.50
- Mac Pro (2006-2008 models) Only: $29.99
- iMac (2009–2011 models) From: $129.00
- Mac mini (2005-2008 models) From: $47.99
- Mac mini (2009-2010 models) From: $37.75
- iMac (2006-2008 models) From: $29.00
- PowerBook G4 12" From: $29.00
- PowerBook G4 15" & 17" From: $29.00
- PowerBook G4 Titanium From: $29.00
- iBook G4 From: $29.00
- iMac G5 From: $29.00
- iMac G4 From: $41.99
- G4 Mirror Drive Door From: $41.99
- G4 "QuickSilver" From: $41.99
- Power Mac G4 From: $41.99
What is a SuperDrive?SuperDrive* and Super-MultiDrive DVD/CD Reader & Writers are standard in most computers today. These drives support DVD & CD for data/playback and allow writing (burning) of discs for backup, data sharing, even for Audio, Video, Photo discs that can be played / watched in standard DVD/CD players.
OWC offers the latest Reader/Writer options that provide upgrade / replacement of your current optical drive for higher performance and additional capabilities.
*SuperDrive is a registered trademark of Apple Inc.
Use these popular applications and more
Adobe CS5 Encore