OWC In Space Blast Off with the OWC Envoy Pro
Join Our Space Adventure
Ever since we can remember, we’ve dreamed of space travel, and this summer that dream will become a reality with #OWCInSpace. In September 2020, we’re sending a very special drive, the OWC Envoy Pro, out into space and back again — and we want you to join us.
The Envoy Pro with Thunderbolt 3 has 4.0TB of cargo space, and its payload will be videos from the Earth-based OWC team plus a little extra capacity for you, our current and future customers. We’ve reserved that space on the drive for your creative content, and we’re holding a contest to fill it up.
We have known for many years that our customers include some of the most talented and creative people around, and we want to give them the chance to have a part in this adventure with us. OWC is proud to provide storage and upgrades that keep our customers’ content and creations safe for years, and we can't wait to see the entries, get them on the space-bound OWC Envoy Pro, and back here to Earth!
- Larry O'Connor, Founder and CEO, Other World Computing
Enter your content for a chance to be a part of #OWCInSpace!
The contest is open for entries from August 10-21, 2020, and all submissions will be evaluated by the executive and creative team members at OWC.
Take your creative vision into the great beyond! Show off your creativity in an original video or song (between one to two minutes in length), an image, or multiple images. Entrants must use one OWC product in the production of their video or creative work.
Upload your content to Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram and mention @PoweredbyOWC and the OWC product you used in your post. Tag your post with #OWCInSpace to share it with the OWC team. Winners will be contacted by DM, so be sure to follow @PoweredbyOWC on those platforms.
3. BLAST OFF!
All winning submissions will be loaded onto the “OWC Envoy Pro” and launched into orbit with the September 2020 launch. All winning entrants will receive a certificate of participation and a commemorative patch following the rocket launch and return. The top 10 grand prize winners will also receive an engraved OWC Envoy Pro.
All entries should be English-language content only, or if in another language, please use English subtitles. All voting results will be final. Entrants will need access to social media platforms in order to participate.
- Grand Prize Winners
Engraved Envoy Pro, patch, and space flight certificate
- Runners Up
Patch and spaceflight certificate
Digital spaceflight certificate
- Your entry must be an original video or song between one to two minutes in length, an image, or multiple images. Show OWC your out-of-this-world work, and show the world why OWC solutions are the key to unlocking true creative potential!
- Submit your entry between August 10, 2020, and 11:59 PM Central Time on August 21, 2020.
- All entries should be English-language content only. If in another language, please use English subtitles.
- At the conclusion of the contest period, eligible entries will be evaluated by the executive and creative team members at OWC, and winning entries will be selected. All results will be final.
- Winners will be notified by DM on or before August 28, 2020. Be sure to follow @PoweredbyOWC on Facebook, Twitter, and/or Instagram.
Submit a photo you want to share with the universe — a family portrait, your best selfie, your pets — and we’ll load it on the OWC Envoy Pro.1
After the launch, we’ll return your photo with an official #OWCInSpace certificate. You can brag to all your friends that a part of you is a bonafide space traveler.
Send my Image into Space!
Please fill in the required information below.
- Open to legal US residents 18 and over. Limit one entry per person. Entrants must comply with the submission policy. OWC reserves the right to disqualify any submission that does not follow the guidelines and content restrictions listed in the terms and conditions. OWC reserves the right to utilize every entry for promotional purposes. Winners will be notified via DM; be sure to follow @PoweredbyOWC on Facebook, Twitter and/or Instagram. Prizes are nontransferable and no substitution will be made. Entrants agree to receive OWC special offers via email. Void where prohibited. For submission policy information please visit: https://eshop.macsales.com/service/ideasolicitation.cfm.
- OWC respects our community’s First Amendment right to freedom of speech. However, in accordance with our community standards, we reserve the right to reject all material that is obscene, offensive, insulting, derogatory, defamatory, and intimidating to any and all classes of individuals.