Created on: May 23, 2023
Last updated: August 24, 2023
The following OWC products can be used with OWC Innergize software to manage the health and performance of OWC Atlas Memory Cards. Please note the third column "Requires Firmware Update" as select OWC Memory Card Readers, Docks, and Storage Solutions may require a firmware update or other conditions to work with OWC Innergize.
Relevant Part Numbers Requiring Firmware Update:
- OWC Gemini (OWCTB3DKP2Dxxxx & OWCTB3RSDKxxxx)
- OWC ThunderBay Flex 8 (OWCTB3F8xxxx)
- OWC Thunderbolt Dock (OWCTB4DOCK)
- OWC Thunderbolt 3 Dock (OWCTB3DK14PSG)
- OWC Atlas FXR CFexpress Card Reader (OWCTB3CFXRDR)
Mac users will require additional steps to complete the installation of the firmware. The firmware update is completed through the Windows operating system, therefore a Windows operating system emulator “Parallels” will need to be downloaded.
NOTE: The OWC Atlas FXR CFexpress Card Reader has a Mac firmware updater available. The process of downloading Parallels can be disregard. OWC Atlas FXR CFexpress Card Reader users should download the required firmware update ZIP file “Firmware Update with OWC Innergize support” by visiting the Downloads section of the product support page: https://eshop.macsales.com/support/owc-atlas-fxr-cfexpress-card-reader
- Download and install a free copy of Parallels by visiting: https://www.parallels.com/products/desktop/welcome-trial/. Parallels includes a copy of Windows 11. Double click “Install Parallels Desktop” to begin the installation process.
- Launch Parallels once the installation process is complete. A prompt may appear requesting admin name and password for permission to run Parallels. Enter the requested information and click OK.
- 3. Parallels will seek Desktop Permissions. Several prompts will appear seeking permission to access the systems directory. These prompts are safe to allow. Click Finish after allowing the prompts.
- Parallels will begin downloading.
- Once Parallels has finished downloading, a window will appear to begin the process of installing Windows. Click Install Windows to begin the installation process.
- Prompts may appear while Windows is installing. Parallels is requesting additional system permissions. These prompts are safe to allow.
- Windows will continue to install until complete.
- Once Windows has installed, an account window will appear. Login or create an account to begin using Parallels.
- Agree to Window’s license agreement. A Windows desktop will appear and is ready for use.
- In the Windows environment, download the required firmware update ZIP file “Firmware Update with OWC Innergize support” by visiting the Downloads section on an applicable product support page listed below:
- OWC Gemini: start.owc.com/gemini
- OWC ThunderBay Flex 8: start.owc.com/thunderbayflex8
- OWC Thunderbolt Dock: https://eshop.macsales.com/support/owc-thunderbolt-dock
- OWC Thunderbolt 3 Dock: start.owc.com/tb3prodock
- Connect the OWC device to a compatible system with the included data cable. Connect power if the device is using a power supply.
- Access the system Downloads folder and open the downloaded Compressed Folder. The compressed folder will open showing a firmware updater folder, and PDF/Word instructions for completing the firmware update process. Before accessing the firmware updater folder, open the instructions and proceed through the provided steps.
- Additional information regarding Innergize can be viewed in these following locations: