Mercury Elite Pro Quad RAID
56.0TB 4-Drive HDD Storage Solution
Mac / PC / USB 3.1 Gen 2 / RAID
The Preferred Storage Solution
Designed to put the power of choice in your hands, the OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad packs an unprecedented combination of USB connectivity, universal drive bays, and advanced SoftRAID capabilities into a whisper-quiet aluminum enclosure. Whatever your workflow needs, the Mercury Elite Pro Quad has the flexibility to take your storage capacity, performance, and data security to a whole new level.
The Flexibility of USB-C
The Mercury Elite Pro Quad's powerful USB-C interface delivers 10Gb/s USB 3.1 Gen 2 bandwidth and works with any USB-C or Thunderbolt 3 equipped Mac or Windows PC. Simply connect the Mercury Elite Pro Quad via the included USB-C cable to experience next-level performance. If your computer doesn't feature USB-C connectivity, the included USB-C to USB-A cable brings backward compatibility for machines with legacy USB ports.
Capacity without Compromise
Compatible with 2.5" and 3.5" drives, the Mercury Elite Pro Quad's four universal drive bays let users pack up to a massive amount of storage. With this level of capacity and drive flexibility, you will not have to compromise when it comes to your storage.
Includes SoftRAID XT: Easy and Complete Drive Management
SoftRAID XT is the most powerful, intuitive software RAID utility on the market. Multiple RAID levels let you select the RAID level that fits you or your project’s needs best. If you need maximum volume capacity, optimum drive performance, data protection, or a combination of attributes, SoftRAID has you covered.
- Works with all USB systems, Thunderbolt 3 compatible
- Up to 947MB/s
- Includes SoftRAID: robust software for creating, monitoring, and managing advanced RAID sets
- Four universal drive bays for 2.5" and 3.5" drives
Packed with features like drive validation, verification and failure prediction—SoftRAID includes features you simply don’t get with hardware RAID. It’s like having a datacenter on your desktop! From home users looking to protect photos and documents to professionals needing to protect and quickly access projects, SoftRAID is the perfect solution.
- Compatible: Works with macOS 11 Big Sur, M1 Macs and Windows 10
- Advanced: Create RAID 0/1/4/5/1+0 (10) with Macs, RAID 0/1 with Windows machines
- Protected: SoftRAID Monitor constantly watches your disks and alerts you if problems are detected
- Validated: Volume validation ensures sectors can be read and parity is correct
- Certified: Checks disks before use to ensure they are safe for data storage
- Vigilant: Error prediction helps protect against unexpected failure
- Universal: Move SoftRAID arrays seamlessly between Macs and PCs with built-in OWC MacDrive technology
SoftRAID provides a level of performance that you simply can’t get with hardware RAID. Learn more about the power of SoftRAID XT.
Designed for Professionals by Professionals
Every detail was considered when designing the Mercury Elite Pro Quad. Built with a heat-dissipating aluminum enclosure, a whisper-quiet fan, and vibration-absorbing feet, the Mercury Elite Pro Quad runs cool and quietly, making it ideal for noise-sensitive environments. Front-facing LEDs provide an instant drive-activity snapshot, while the front panel access lock keeps your drives safe. You can even secure the entire drive with the rear-mounted Kensington compatible lock slot. On top of that, drive-equipped models undergo OWC's multi-hour drive "burn-in" performance certification procedure to ensure that your drive arrives operating properly and ready to perform.
Reliability and Support You Can Count On
Like all OWC drives, the Mercury Elite Pro Quad is built to the highest standards of reliability and performance. Because 100% reliability is always the goal, Mercury Elite Pro Quad is rigorously quality tested, and backed by an OWC 3 year limited warranty and 24/7 customer support.
Your Digital Life…Protected for FREE
Your data is irreplaceable, and we take protecting it seriously. That’s why this OWC Solution includes Acronis True Image OEM — the world’s only combination backup and antimalware solution that keeps your data protected from accidents, failures, and malware/ransomware attacks.
- Easy: Protect everything – photos, files, applications, systems, and the devices they’re on in just a few clicks
- Efficient: create “set and forget” backups to recover and restore files and folders
- Secure: Stop ransomware and cryptojacking attacks from harming your device data and backup
Learn more about Acronis True Image OEM
SoftRAID XT works with macOS 10.12 or later and Windows 10. Intel-based Macs require macOS 10.12 or later. M1 Macs require macOS 11.1 or 11.3 and later. macOS 11.3 is currently available as a public beta. SoftRAID is licensed per computer. The SoftRAID serial number will work with both Mac and Windows but can only be active on one computer at a time. Additional seats can be purchased. RAID 4/5/1+0 (10) are currently Mac only at this time.
Hot Swap Support
- USB 3.1 Gen 2: (1) VLI VL820
- SATA: (4) ASMedia ASM 1351
Data Transfer Rate (Maximum)
- USB 3.2 Gen 2 : 10 Gb/s (or 1250 MB/s)
Plug and Play
Default RAID Level
RAID Levels Supported
- RAID 0
- RAID 1
- RAID 0+1
- RAID 4
- RAID 5
Mac OS Compatibility
- Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard
- Mac OS X 10.7 Lion
- Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion
- OS X 10.9 Mavericks
- OS X 10.10 Yosemite
- OS X 10.11 El Capitan
- macOS 10.12 Sierra
- macOS 10.13 High Sierra
PC OS Compatibility
- Windows 7 32-bit Edition
- Windows 7 64-bit Edition
- Windows Home Server 2011
- Windows 8 32-bit Edition
- Windows 8 64-bit Edition
- Windows 8.1 32-bit Edition
- Windows 8.1 64-bit Edition
- Windows Server 2012
- Windows 10 32-bit Edition
- Windows 10 64-bit Edition
- Windows Server 2016
Other OS Compatibility
- SoftRAID XT works with macOS 10.12 or later and Windows 10. Intel-based Macs require macOS 10.12 or later. M1 Macs require macOS 11.1 or 11.3 and later. macOS 11.3 is currently available as a public beta.
- SoftRAID XT requires Mac system version 10.9.3 or later
- Internal UL-listed universal auto-switching power supply
External Power Adapter
Number of Bays
- (1) USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-C Port up to 10Gb/s (1250MB/s) - USB 2.0/3.0 backwards compatible
- (1) 92mm Temperature-controlled cooling fan
- Height: 18.5 cm (7.3 in)
- Length: 24.0 cm (9.4 in)
- Width: 13.5 cm (5.3 in)
- Operating: 32°F to 104°F (0°C to 40°C)
- Non-Operating: -4°F to 158°F (-20°C to 70°C)
- Operating: -304.8 m to 3,048.0 m (-1,000 ft to 10,000 ft)
- Non-Operating: -304.8 m to 12,192.0 m (-1,000 ft to 40,000 ft)
- Operating: 8% to 90% non-condensing
- Non-Operating: 5% to 95% non-condensing
- 1. SoftRAID XT requires Mac OS X 10.9.3 or later
- 2. Setting up a RAID volume for Windows requires the use of the Disk Management application, as SoftRAID is Mac only at this time.
Manufacturer provided specifications for OWC p/n OWCMEQCTSRT56
Click any of the benchmarks below to view the results.
macOS RAID 0 Test Results
macOS RAID 5 Test Results
Windows RAID 0 Test Results
- (1) OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad
- (1) Type-C to Type-C cable (10Gbps)
- (1) 1.0m Type-C to Type-A cable (5Gbps)
- (2) security keys
- (1) power cord
- (1) Quick Start Guide
- (1) SoftRAID XT
- (1) SoftRAID XT Quick Start Guide
- 3 Year OWC Limited Warranty