Internal Reader/Writer Options by Mac ModelUpgrade/Replace current SuperDrive or CD-RW/Combo for Faster Performance and/or more capability.
- MacBook Pro 17" (All-models pre-"Unibody") From: $54.99
- MacBook Pro 15" (All models prior to "Unibody" Oct/2008) From: $49.99
- MacBook (All models prior to 'Unibody' Oct/2008) From: $49.99
- Mac Pro (2009-2012 models) From: $19.99
- Mac Pro (2006-2008 models) Only: $24.99
- iMac (2009–2011 models) From: $129.00
- Mac mini (2005-2008 models) From: $47.99
- Mac mini (2009-2010 models) From: $37.75
- iMac (2006-2008 models) From: $29.00
- PowerBook G4 12" From: $29.00
- PowerBook G4 15" & 17" From: $29.00
- PowerBook G4 Titanium From: $29.00
- iBook G4 From: $29.00
- iMac G5 From: $29.00
- iMac G4 From: $44.99
- G4 Mirror Drive Door From: $44.99
- G4 "QuickSilver" From: $44.99
- Power Mac G4 From: $44.99
What is a SuperDrive?SuperDrive* and Super-MultiDrive DVD/CD Reader & Writers are standard in most computers today. These drives support DVD & CD for data/playback and allow writing (burning) of discs for backup, data sharing, even for Audio, Video, Photo discs that can be played / watched in standard DVD/CD players.
OWC offers the latest Reader/Writer options that provide upgrade / replacement of your current optical drive for higher performance and additional capabilities.
*SuperDrive is a registered trademark of Apple Inc.
As a mobile DJ, I wore out the optical drive in my MacBook from ripping thousands of CDs. Your online video gave me the confidence to replace the drive myself. Thank you so much for going above and beyond just selling parts.
Use these popular applications and more
Adobe CS5 Encore