Big RAID System Performance in a Compact Design
With four 2.5-inch drive bays, ThunderBay 4 mini transforms SSDs and HDDs into a pro-grade, Thunderbolt 2 storage solution in a compact design. ThunderBay 4 mini is about the length of a pencil and weighs only 3.1 pounds — with SSDs.
The rugged heat-dissipating aluminum enclosure features two Thunderbolt 2 ports (Thunderbolt 10Gb/s backward compatible) for up to 1346MB/s speeds, so you can breeze through personal and business backups all the way up to today's highest resolution audio, photo and video formats.
Use mixed drives independently or combine drives as a RAID with the included SoftRAID setup and management software. Add your own drives or choose from pre-configured solutions that are multi-hour "burn-in" test certified.
Store More, Go Faster
With the ability to daisy-chain, you can add up to five additional ThunderBay 4 mini solutions to create massive storage capacities. Merge them with SoftRAID for even more flexibility, capacity, and capability. Or if speed is what you’re after, connect multiple ThunderBay 4 mini solutions to multiple Thunderbolt 2 ports on your Mac or PC to achieve exponential speed capabilities.
Includes SoftRAID: Easy and Complete Drive Management
Now you can maximize disk space, get the fastest access speeds, and protect against disk failure with Plug and Play simplicity. SoftRAID’s easy setup makes it a breeze to create RAID volumes by helping you through the entire process. Just decide what you’re using your RAID volume for and how much space to allocate to it. It's that simple to create your preference of speed and/or redundancy attributes of your data volume.
- Up to 86% faster versus AppleRAID
- ThunderBay 4 mini RAID-Ready models – create your choice of RAID 0 or RAID 1 for desired speed or redundancy
- ThunderBay 4 mini RAID models – create advanced RAID 0, 1, 4, 5, 1+0 (10) volumes for higher performance and/or redundancy
- Enterprise-class monitoring for disk and RAID volume health with email notifications
- Volume validation to ensure sectors can be read, parity is correct, and minimization of volume failure
- Disk certification checks that your disks are safe to store data on before use
- Disk failure prediction with early warning helps protect you from sudden disk failure
Speed, size, and convenience — the OWC ThunderBay 4 mini provides everything a demanding workflow requires.
OWC Thunderbolt Cable Included
ThunderBay 4 mini comes with a certified OWC Thunderbolt cable, with other lengths from 0.5 meter to 30 meters available separately.
OWC, Trusted by Pros & Enthusiasts the World Over
We build our hardware to the highest standards of reliability and performance. Because 100% reliability is always the goal, we rigorously quality test and back our hardware with a 3 Year OWC Limited Warranty and award-winning customer support.Learn More