For those of you who have been putting off the purchase of a new OWC Mercury Elite-AL Pro “Quad-Interface” Storage Solution, your procrastination has paid off. We’ve dropped the prices even lower – they’re now more affordable than ever.
While I could go on about the features of the drive, I’ve already done that in other posts, and I really hate to repeat myself.
So, instead, I’d like to share a couple of my favorite quotes from recent reviews of the Mercury Elite-AL Pro series.
The first one came from About.com earlier this week. This article caused me a little bit of confusion; while all the specs were modern, the physical description (and the pictures) were of the older case design, which we retired last December. Performance didn’t change, though, and that’s something important to note. Since little about the bridge board itself has changed, data throughput will have remained just as good.
However, the main reason I’m including it is that it had a great opening paragraph, which kind of sums up why I, myself, happen to like this series of drives.
OWC’s Mercury Elite-AL Pro series of external hard drives and cases provides more bang for the buck, not only in having a quad interface made up of USB 2.0, FireWire 400, FireWire 800, and eSATA ports, but also in ruggedness and ease of assembly and use.
Pretty spot-on, I’d say.
The other quote I have is from MacTalk. Whereas the About.com review needed an entire, eloquent paragraph to distill its essence, MacTalk’s review was best summed up in a single sentence:
The OWC Mercury Elite-AL Quad Interface external drive enclosure is one bitchin’ fast enclosure.
Oh yeah…. that’s what I like to hear.
I could probably go on all day about the rave reviews the Mercury Elite-AL series has gotten, but I get the feeling you may be more interested in the actual prices…
- 250GB 7200RPM with 16MB Data Buffer – $119.99
- 320GB 7200RPM with 16MB Data Buffer – NOW $122.99
- 500GB 7200RPM with 16MB Data Buffer – NOW $129.99
- 750GB 7200RPM with 32MB Data Buffer – $159.99
- 1.0TB 7200RPM with 16MB Data Buffer – NOW $164.99
- 1.0TB 7200RPM with 32MB Data Buffer – NOW 179.99
- 1.0TB “Enterprise Class” 7200RPM with 32MB Buffer – $229.99
- 1.5TB 7200RPM with 32MB Data Buffer – NOW $219.99
- 2.0TB GreenPower w/32MB Data Buffer – NOW $329.99
- OWC Mercury Elite-AL Pro 0GB Enclosure Kits are also available starting from $49.99. These kits allow you to install your own 3.5” SATA drive in a versatile, high-quality enclosure.
The OWC Mercury Elite-AL Pro “Quad Interface” has always been a great value. Now, with this latest round of price drops, the value is even better.