In case you missed it Thursday, Apple announced that it has launched a free program to repair certain MacBook Pro systems experiencing video issues.
The repair initiative is for MacBooks that were sold between February 2011 and December 2013 and exhibit distorted video, no video, or unexpected system restarts.
Apple or an Apple Authorized Service Provider will repair affected MacBook Pros which can be brought in Apple Retail Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider, or mailed in.
- MacBook Pro (15-inch Early 2011)
- MacBook Pro (15-inch, Late 2011)
- MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2012)
- MacBook Pro (17-inch Early 2011)
- MacBook Pro (17-inch Late 2011)
- MacBook Pro (Retina, 15 inch, Early 2013)
You can use the “Check your Coverage” tool on the Apple Support site to determine whether your MacBook Pro matches the list of affected models. If you’re not experiencing issues, you do not need to contact Apple.
For more details, view Apple’s official statement at: apple.com/support/macbookpro-videoissues/