If you have macOS Yosemite or later, you can use your iPhone or iPad to act as a video camera to record directly to your Mac. Here’s how:
1) Connect your iPhone or iPad to your Mac with a cable (the type of cable you need depends on what model smartphone or tablet you have). Unlock your iPhone or iPad.
2) Sync your iPhone or iPad with your Mac by clicking on the Finder and opening up a new Finder window. For the following, we’ll use the iPhone as an example; if you want to record video and audio from an iPad, simply substitute “iPad” for “iPhone” in the following instructions.
3) Click iPhone in the left side of the pop-up window.
4) Launch QuickTime Player on your Mac.
5) Under the File menu, choose “New Movie Recording.”
6) Click the down arrow next to the record button to bring up the Options pop-up menu.
7) Here are the following recording options:
- Camera: Choose your connected iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
- Microphone: Choose a microphone (if you have more than one available).
- Quality: Choose the recording quality.
Note: Maximum-quality recordings produce uncompressed files, which can use large amounts of storage space.
8) Adjust the volume control to hear the audio you’re recording.
9) Click the Record button to start recording; click the Stop button when you’re done. To pause recording, Option-click the Record button. Click it again to resume recording.
10) Choose File > Save to save and name the recording.
• How to Use Your Mac to Screenshot & Record Video From Apple TV
Leave a Reply