USB-C Travel Dock
1.1 Minimum System Requirements
- OS X 10.10 Yosemite or late
- macOS Sierra 10.12 or later
- Windows 10 or later
- iOS 12.1 or later, iPadOS
- Chrome OS
- Any Mac, PC, tablet, or phone with a built in USB-C or Thunderbolt 3 port.
1.2 Package Contents
- OWC USB-C Travel Dock
- Quick Start Guide
- Mac: To enable support for the Apple Super Drive, Apple USB Keyboard, and charging for iPad 1/2/3 generation devices on the dock’s USB ports, please install the Dock Ejector application for Mac. This application includes a driver that enables support for these devices and charging functions. OWC Dock Ejector
1.3 About This Manual
The images and descriptions may vary slightly between this manual and the unit shipped. Functions and features may change depending on the firmware version. The latest product details and warranty information can be found on the product web page. OWC’s Limited Warranty is not transferable and subject to limitations.
1.4 OWC Dock Ejector
This application safely ejects all drives connected to the USB-C Travel Dock with a single click, adding peace of mind to fast-paced mobile workflows. To install this app, please follow the steps below.
Learn more about OWC Dock Ejector.
1.5 Enclosure Features
1. USB-C port – Power delivery / pass-through only – Connect a dedicated USB-C charger to this port to provide battery charging for the host computer or extra power when multiple devices are connected including high-power USB devices.
Side 1 Features
2. USB 3.2 (5Gb/s) port – Connect a bus-powered USB device here.
3. HDMI 2.0 port – Connect a compatible HDMI display here. Supports up to 4K @ 30Hz
Side 2 Features
4. SD Media slot – Connect an SD, SDHC, and SDXC media card here. Compatible with UHS-II (Ultra High Speed). Can achieve speeds up to 156MB/s (SDHC) or 312MB/s (SDXC)
5. USB 3.2 (5Gb/s) port – Connect a bus-powered USB device here.
Stowable Cable Features
6. USB-C captive cable – Connect to your USB-C or Thunderbolt 3 host computer.
2.1 Usage Notes
- To install the optional driver for use with Apple Super Drive, Apple USB Keyboard, and charging of 1/2/3 generation iPads, please install the OWC Dock Ejector app.
- Power port - In most scenarios the dock will draw 8W from its power source. When connected to a power adapter, the dock will draw power from the adapter instead of bus-powering from the host computer.
- If the media reader or USB peripherals connected to the dock do not perform as expected, connect the dock to a dedicated USB-C power adapter.
- Depending on the adapter connected, the dock can pass up to 92W to the host computer.
- Any power not used by the dock and its ports, is passed to the host for battery charging, if applicable.
- Please note that while both of the USB ports on the USB-C Travel Dock (2019 edition) can support ‘high power’ bus-powered USB devices with the appropriate cable type, such as the OWC Envoy Pro EX or the Apple Super Drive, it is not possible to connect two high-power, bus-powered USB devices the same time, unless you have a dedicated power adapter connected to the dock’s USB-C Power Delivery port.
2.2 Assembly Steps
- Removing (1) and Storing the Cable (2–4)
The material in this document is for information purposes only and subject to change without notice. While reasonable efforts have been made in the preparation of this document to assure its accuracy, OWC, its parent, partners, affiliates, officers, employees, and agents assume no liability resulting from errors or omissions in this document, or from the use of the information contained herein. OWC reserves the right to make changes or revisions in the product design or the product manual without reservation and without obligation to notify any person of such revisions and changes.
Warning! Modifications not authorized by the manufacturer may void the user’s authority to operate this device. NOTE: This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B digital device, pursuant to Part 15 of the FCC Rules. These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation. This equipment generates, uses and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed and used in accordance with the instructions, may cause harmful interference to radio communications. However, there is no guarantee that interference will not occur in a particular installation. If this equipment does cause harmful interference with radio or television reception, which can be determined by turning the equipment off and on, the user is encouraged to try to correct the interference by one or more of the following measures:
- Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna.
- Increase the separation between the equipment and receiver.
- Connect the equipment to an outlet on a circuit different from that to which the receiver is connected.
The OWC USB-C Travel Dock has a 2 Year OWC Limited Warranty. For up-to-date product and warranty information, please visit the product web page.
Copyrights and Trademarks
No part of this publication may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording or otherwise, without the prior written consent of OWC.
© 2020 Other World Computing, Inc. All rights reserved. OWC and the OWC logo are trademarks of New Concepts Development Corporation, registered in the U.S. and/or other countries. Mac and macOS are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. Thunderbolt and the Thunderbolt logo are trademarks of Intel Corporation in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other marks may be the trademark or registered trademark property of their owners.
Free 24/7 Support Chat
Our award-winning support team is ready to answer all of your questions. Talk with a human today...