OWC Accelsior 8M2
OWC Beyond FastTM + Highest Capacity PCIe SSD
Using the 64TB capacity with Mac Studio (M2 Max or M2 Ultra) and Mac Pro (M2 Ultra) requires macOS 13.5 or later.
Performance with PCIe Gen 4
Up to a Massive
8 x M.2
16 x 8K
Astonishingly, Mind-Blowingly Holy Cow Fast
Whether it leaves you speechless in amazement or uttering colorful phrases, the Accelsior 8M2 can be summed up in one definitive sentence:
It’s the fastest, highest capacity PCIe SSD in the galaxy.
This beast destroys performance barriers – and every other PCIe SSD available today. So much so that we considered naming it the Annihil8r! We continuously push the boundaries of SSD capabilities so you can realize your true potential. With the Accelsior 8M2, we’re taking you beyond your wildest dreams and into the most demanding applications imaginable with certified reliability. From M&E postproduction, to real-time AI, to huge dataset climate research… you now have the power to confidently reach higher.
The fastest drive available for 2019 Mac Pro or Windows computers
PCIe Gen 4 ready for over 26,000MB/s speed1
Up to eight SSDs for jaw-dropping storage capacity
Bleeding Edge Design
Utilizes the full bandwidth of the latest PCIe technology
Create, monitor, and manage RAID arrays with SoftRAID
Advanced RAID Capabilities
Supports multiple RAID levels and RAID sets for maximum flexibility
Highly efficient and quiet heat-dissipating design for consistent peak performance
Pre-tested and Certified
Full burn-in for assured performance and reliability
Ready for PCIe Gen 4 SSDs and computers
Up to 5 Year OWC Limited Warranty2
Obliterates Workflow Bottlenecks
As storage performance innovators, we know that bottlenecks cramp your style. The Accelsior 8M2 was purposely created to be the fastest drive you can use in any workflow. With eight on-board NVMe SSDs and speeds up to 12,000MB/s, video editors have the real world speed for sustaining the most demanding VFX, color, and high-end video editing including seamless playback of:
- 16 streams of 8K ProRes444 in Final Cut Pro X
- 8 streams of 12K ProRes444 in Final Cut Pro X
- 9 streams of 4K 16bit EXR in DaVinci Resolve
Now you have the overhead to go faster, process more, and save almost limitlessly.
Redefines SSD Reality
Creating the fastest PCIe SSD meant combining bold engineering with the latest technology. Each of the Accelsior 8M2’s eight NVMe SSDs can run at their full x4 lanes of PCIe data throughput. All that insanely fast speed is pumped through a full PCIe x16 lane architecture. And to ensure Accelsior 8M2 keeps running at peak speed for the long haul, there’s a quiet cooling fan in the aircraft grade aluminum heat sink. No compromises. No surrender. Just the ultra-reliable performance that Mac and PC users have come to depend on from OWC storage solutions.
The data traffic flow design of most SSDs looks like too many cars trying to merge onto a crowded freeway at rush hour.
Accelsior 8M2 offers performance gains in so many diverse ways that it lets you create without limits:
- Stream and edit multiple high-res video streams without a glitch
- Experiment with larger formats and be closer to final work
- Edit and store massive photo images and graphics files
- Experience faster previews, renders, and processing in VFX programs
- Keep page scenery and textures looking sharp and flowing uninterruptedly in virtual reality environments
- Ensure augmented reality visualizations look life-like
- Effortlessly store and work with multiple production libraries and applications
- Run more iterations in DevOps in less time
- Quickly offload essential data to cloud archives for more advanced IoT management
Reduces Timelines and Project Budgets
Whether you’re a Media and Entertainment production pro or a transportation logistics wizard, there’s one ever-present formula that affects your success:
Time = Money
There’s a huge benefit in knowing you can work as fast as possible. Every second saved adds up to money saved for your company. Case in point, a multiple Academy Awards™ winning film production company is currently using the best available storage technology, but still has workflow limits.
Here are some of the company’s problems that could be solved by implementing the Accelsior 8M2:
- Not enough speed to view real-time playback. Playback must be viewed in several different modes to determine effects of filters and adjustments.
- Not enough speed to ensure smooth playback of industry’s emerging 8K and 12K 16bit format.
- Not enough capacity to store multiple reels, so they have to shuttle reel media between the main ingest drive and slower external storage devices.
- The time-consuming process of accessing a finished reel on external drives.
- Struggling with drive space-saving methods like flattening project layers, which requires re-rendering layers you’re working in.
By eliminating the need to remove a reel and renders from their current storage platform, this company can shave up to two days from their production schedule. The Accelsior 8M2 could reduce production costs for this company with typical production projects of 10 reels of film by an estimated $8,000 per project. This revolutionary SSD is a seriously smart investment.
Takes Data to the Edge
The Accelsior 8M2 is a high-performance NVMe-based storage solution that delivers consistent low latency data throughput. It's perfect for edge computing applications such as industrial automation, smart city ecosystems, and smart retail solutions. It feeds CPUs and GPUs huge amounts of data, lightning fast, for real-time predictive analytics. If your business provides data-driven services to customers, any lag in service could frustrate customers accustomed to instant information and lead to irreparable brand damage. With 60% of storage professionals using NVMe SSDs to process large data sets generated at the edge, Accelsior 8M2 is more than a competitive advantage…it is a best practice.
100% Certified for Demanding Use
We understand the importance of your data. That is why every OWC solution receives comprehensive testing to deliver the reliability you expect. Your OWC Accelsior 8M2 undergoes a complete burn-in and performance certification process to ensure it’s ready for your most demanding workflow… right out of the box.
RAID Made Easy
Harness the full capability of your OWC drive array with the included SoftRAID XT, the most powerful, intuitive RAID management software on the market for macOS and Windows. SoftRAID’s RAID creation and management technology has been finely tuned to perfection with over 20 years of development to provide rock solid protection of your data and optimize drive performance.
Packed with Features
SoftRAID XT provides an unbeatable combination of speed, protection, and compatibility:
- Advanced: Create RAID 0/1/4/5/1+0 (10) arrays1
- Protected: SoftRAID Monitor constantly watches your disks and alerts you if problems are detected
- Validated: Volume validation ensures sectors can be read and parity is correct
- Certified: Checks disks before use to ensure they are safe for data storage
- Vigilant: Error prediction helps protect against unexpected failure
- Universal: Move SoftRAID arrays seamlessly between Mac and PC2 with built-in OWC MacDrive technology
Beyond Hardware RAID
SoftRAID provides a level of storage performance that you simply can’t get with hardware RAID. Software RAID gives you increased power and control over your RAID drives and disks that hardware RAID can’t deliver and doesn’t lock you into technology that you can’t upgrade or expand.
- RAID 4/1+0 (10) is available for Mac only at this time.
- SoftRAID serial numbers work on both Mac and Windows. SoftRAID is licensed per computer. In order to use SoftRAID on multiple computers, you will need a unique, valid license per computer. Additional licenses can be purchased anytime.
OWC Aura Ultra III
The perfect match for Accelsior 8M2.
Combine Accelsior 8M2 with its perfect performance match – fast OWC Aura Ultra III NVMe M.2 SSDs. Build your own ultra-fast RAID ready PCIe internal storage solution, and enjoy incredible transfer speeds, capacity, and OWC reliability!
More PCIe Storage Solutions from OWC
OWC Accelsior 4M2
Work faster than ever with over 6,000MB/s real world speed!
With over 6,000MB/s speed for large format video editing, VR/AR/MR environments, extreme gaming, and other high bandwidth needs, Accelsior 4M2 takes Mac Pro performance to new levels. Available in capacities up to 32.0TB.
OWC, Trusted by Pros & Enthusiasts the World Over
We build our hardware to the highest standards of reliability and performance. Because 100% reliability is always the goal, we rigorously quality test and back our hardware with a 5 Year OWC Limited Warranty and award-winning customer support.Learn More
- Up to 26,926MB/s sequential read/write (max) performance based on testing a 16TB (8 x 2.0TB) OWC Aura Pro series SSD equipped Accelsior 8M2 installed in a Windows 10 PC equipped with a Gigabyte Technology x570 motherboard with an AMD Ryzen 9 3900 3.8GHz processor and 16GB RAM, running Crystal Disk Mark 7.0.0 (sequential 1Mbyte block size, 16 queues, 6 threads). Performance will vary depending on SSDs used, CPU speed, RAID setting, and PCIe version.
- 5-year OWC Limited Warranty for 2.0TB and higher capacity PCIe SSD solutions. 3-year Limited Warranty for PCIe Expansion Card only.
- Compatibility with Mac Studio (2023) and Mac Pro (2023) requires MacOS 13.5 or later.