Newer Technology, Inc. announced today the NewerTech eSATA to USB 3.0 Adapter for using an eSATA interfaced equipped external hard drive with computers offering the ‘SuperSpeed’ USB 3.0 interface. The $29.95 MSRP adapter offers benchmark proven performance of up to 247MB/s reads and 206.4MB/s writes for the fastest data transfer rates available with external data storage/backup. NewerTech’s exclusive distributor, Other World Computing (OWC) will be demonstrating the new NewerTech eSATA to USB 3.0 Adapter and other NewerTech high performance, yet Plug and Play upgrades and accessories in booth #513 at the Macworld Expo, which begins today in San Francisco, California.
Up To 6X Faster Than Typical Interfaces
The NewerTech eSATA to USB 3.0 Adapter offers benchmark proven 247.0MB/s reads and 206.4MB/s writes for up to 6X faster data transfer rates than other interfaces offered on external data storage/backup solutions. For comparison, the fastest commonly found interface on Macintosh computers, FireWire 800, offers 81.8MB/s reads and 78.6MB/s writes. Even slower is the commonly found USB 2.0 interface on PCs with 38.4MB/s reads and 32.2MB/s writes.
The NewerTech eSATA to USB 3.0 Adapter is available immediately from NewerTech’s exclusive distributor, Other World Computing (OWC®), as well as through the retail channel, and comes with a one year NewerTech warranty. It is compatible with Mac OS X 10.2.8 and later and with Windows 2000 and later PCs.
High Speed Data Transfers As Easy As 1-2-3
Using the NewerTech eSATA to USB 3.0 Adapter with an eSATA interface equipped external drive to take advantage of high-bandwidth ‘SuperSpeed’ USB 3.0 performance is an easy three step process:
1. Power on the eSATA equipped external drive.
2. Connect the NewerTech eSATA to USB 3.0 Adapter to an external drive via a standard eSATA cable.
3. Connect the NewerTech eSATA to USB 3.0 Adapter to the USB 3.0 port on the computer via included USB 3.0 cable.
- Supports SuperSpeed USB (USB 3.0) data rate up to 5Gb/s.
- Supports 2.5″ and 3.5″ eSATA hard disk drives and SSDs.
- Plug and Play, no software or driver installation.
- Backward compatible with previous versions of USB 2.0/1.1.
- Backward compatible with previous versions of eSATA devices (1.5Gb/s).
- Compliant with Serial ATA Specification Revision 2.6.
- Supports Hot-Swap.
- Dimensions: 2.25″ D x 2.5″ W x .75″ H (57.3mm x 64.2mm x 19mm)
- Weight: 1.0oz (28.35g)
“This Plug and Play adapter lets owners of USB 3.0 equipped computers experience the full performance potential of their eSATA interface equipped external drive,” said Grant Dahlke, Brand Manager, Newer Technology, Inc. “While simple and affordable, this solution helps delivers up to 6 times faster data rate performance than the commonly found USB 2.0 interface.”