Parallels Desktop 9
Retail Box Version
The Mac you Love. The Windows you Need.
All purchases of Parallels 9 dated August 1st, 2014 through October 15th, 2014 are entitled to a FREE online upgrade to Parallels 10 when it is released on August 26th, 2014
Parallels Desktop 9 for Mac is the #1 choice of OWC customers who want to seamlessly run Windows and Mac applications side-by-side, without rebooting or compromising performance.
Powerful performance lets you run windows productivity applications, even graphic-intensive ones, with ease. Use Internet Explorer, Office for Windows, AutoCAD, QuickBooks, Visio, OneNote and other applications not available on the Mac without leaving the Mac OS.
If you are new to Mac, you can maintain a comfort level with the familiar Windows experience on your Mac. If you love the Mac OS interface, make Windows invisible. Launch and access Windows applications directly from the Mac Dock and Copy & Paste, drag & drop between Mac and Windows.
Full support of Mountain Lion features like Launchpad, Mission Control and gestures for Windows applications. Launch and access Windows applications directly from the Mac Dock and copy & paste, drag & drop between Mac and Windows.
Versatile for Home, Work and School
Parallels Desktop 9 for Mac enables one Mac to handle all of your computing needs. Run the PC programs you need for work or play and the Mac applications you need and love side-by-side without rebooting.
A Must-have in the Mac-based Business
An office full of Macs can still run the business-critical Windows applications that you, your customers and your partners need.
Mac OS X Mountain Lion Support
Run Windowns applications like they were made for Mac. Experience Mountain Lion's intuitive features like Dictation, Launchpad and Mission Control even while running Windows applications.
Need More than Windows?
Run Google Chrome, Linux and many other operating systems simultaneously. With Parallels Desktop 9 for Mac, you've made the leap to anywhere, anytime, any platform computing. Unite your Mac and Windows world into one harmonious universe.
- Support for cloud services: Sync iCloud, Dropbox, Google Drive, SkyDrive etc., with your Mac and your Windows virtual machine without unnecessary duplication of files locally
- Enhanced Windows 8 & 8.1 support: Parallels Desktop brings back the real Start menu and lets customers use Metro apps in a window instead of full screen
- Security Center: Easily access and install complimentary security software subscriptions to keep the Mac and Windows virtual machines safe from viruses and malware, all from one location
- Enhanced new Virtual Machine Wizard: It is easier than ever to set up a new virtual machine, especially on computers that don't have DVD drives
- Power Nap support: On a Retina MacBook Pro or a MacBook Air, the Power Nap feature now extends to Windows and Windows apps, so virtual machines and all Windows applications are always up-to-date
- Mac gestures inside Windows apps: Parallels Desktop now includes the addition of the Dictionary lookup gesture in Windows applications
- Thunderbolt and FireWire storage device support: Connect Thunderbolt and FireWire devices to either your Mac or your virtual machine - just like you do with USB devices
- PDF printer for Windows: Lets people print from any Windows application to a PDF on the Mac desktop even if the application doesn't have that functionality
- Sticky multi-monitor setup: When using Windows in Full Screen mode and connecting to an external monitor, Parallels Desktop will remember settings and put the Windows virtual machine back in full screen mode on the remote monitor
- Custom keyboard: Editable keyboard shortcuts help customize the Windows experience
- Linux guest integration: Parallels Desktop customers who use Linux now have additional and enhanced integration with the Mac OX
- Main Operating System: Mac OS X Snow Leopard 10.6.8, Mac OS X 10.7.5 Lion or later, Mac OS X Mountain Lion 10.8.4 or later, Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks
- CPU: Intel-based Mac with Intel Core 2 Duo processor (Intel Core Solo and Core Duo processors are no longer supported)
- RAM: Minimum of at least 2 GB of memory, 4GB, 8GB, or more can substantially improve performance.
See OWC memory options for your Mac here
- Hard Drive: At least 700 MB of disk space on the boot volume (Macintosh HD) for Parallels Desktop installation plus space to allocate to your virtual machine.
- Internet connection required for product download, activation, updates, and select features
- Requires Windows or other host operating system (not included)
"I have been using Parallels Desktop now for several years and version 9 is very fast and responsive. This is the best version yet - great job!" - Jeff N.
"This new version is even better than its predecessors. And I can’t wait to find out how it works with the newest OS X coupled with the next Windows." - Mike W.
"Parallels Desktop 9 is lightening fast, it’s a very nice upgrade for the always supreme product for my adorable Mac." - Ray C.