Let’s face it, you love your Mac and “feeding” it with upgrades, accessories, updates, and tweaks to keep it running at optimum performance levels is one of your passions. And, as you can imagine, that’s pretty much Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) around these parts. But by maxing your Mac, you might be neglecting to take care of yourself. Our wonderful customer Robert M. from New Hyde Park, NY, shared a great recipe from his mom that can nourish you faster than perhaps how your Mac runs after one of our upgrades. And if you’re a guy, ya’ just gotta love the idea and the ingredient measurements!
Scrambled Eggs in a Mug
- 1 qty “two serving cup” of Egg Beaters (or the Stop and Shop version)
- 1 or more handfuls of shredded cheese
- 1 teaspoon or so of bacon bits
- 1 cooking spray, preferably butter flavored (optional)
- Spray interior of a 16 oz coffee mug with the cooking spray. (Robert prefers 16 oz Dixie PerfecTouch travel cups)
- Shake and pour “two serving cup” of Egg Beaters into mug.
- Drop shredded cheese to taste into mug.
- Drop bacon bits into mug. A teaspoon or just a bit more is enough otherwise it tastes a tad salty.
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Place in microwave for about a minute.
- Stir and then place back in microwave and cook until done which is defined as when the eggs are no longer runny.
Like all good informational sources, Robert recommends “keeping an eye on the eggs as you nuke them because they’ll fluff and possibly overflow the mug during the ‘nuking process!” He assures us that they will settle after cooking though.
Hats off to you Robert for keeping the Mac faithful fueled. About the only thing better than Robert’s recipe is an idea from a movie I still want to go into business on someday…
Leave a Reply