Apple surprised us today with a big announcement: Final Cut Pro and Logic Pro are finally coming to the iPad.
You can get all the details in our full coverage of the announcement at our Mission Control blog post, but here’s the nitty gritty:
- Both apps will launch May 23, 2023
- Instead of a one-time purchase, both Final Cut Pro and Logic Pro for iPad will be subscription based, priced at $4.99 per month or $49.99 per year.
- They are fully-featured professional apps reimagined for the iPad’s portability and multi-touch interface
- Because of that reimagining, both apps bring new features and functionalities.
- iPads supported: Final Cut Pro essentially requires an iPad with no less than an M1 processor, while Logic Pro requires the older A12 Bionic.
This announcement will definitely make many iPad Pro users out there very happy as these apps are aimed specifically at creative professionals looking to make the most out of their mobile workstation. But it’s definitely a bit of surprise too. With WWDC only a month away, it’s interesting that Apple didn’t save this announcement for that keynote.
But maybe that just means the WWDC 2023 keynote was too jam-packed. Either way, exciting stuff. Be sure to read all about Final Cut Pro and Logic Pro for iPad in our Mission Control post. Mission Control is our blog focused on creative professionals and the hardware, software, and workflows that help them make great things.