Work Faster Than Ever
Accelsior 4M2 NVMe SSD is one of OWC’s fastest SSDs, with over 6,000MB/s speed for large format video editing, VR/AR/MR environments, extreme gaming, and other high bandwidth needs. Available in capacities up to 32TB, Accelsior 4M2 raises the performance bar for Mac Pro 2019, Mac Pro 2012 and 2010, and PC towers.
It offers silent cooling via a finned heat sink cover and installation versatility with a half-length x8/x16 design. If a Mac/PC doesn’t have an open or compatible PCIe slot but is Thunderbolt 3-equipped, Accelsior 4M2 can be used externally in the OWC Mercury Helios 3S.3
over 6,000MB/s real world speed in RAID 01
SUPERCHARGES MAC AND PC
ideal for Mac Pro 2019, Mac Pro 2012 or 2010, and PC towers
installs into a full-height, half-length x8 or x16 PCIe 3.0 or 2.0 slot2
no extra power cables needed
finned heat sink cover for fanless operation
pre-configured solutions undergo performance verification
start working in seconds4
up to 5 Year OWC Limited Warranty5
The Performance Advantage of NVMe
Non-Volatile Memory Express (NVMe) is a communication standard specifically built to optimize the performance of modern flash technology. It enables significantly faster SSD performance vs an SSD using the SATA interface, a communication protocol that was originally designed for hard disk drives. With NVMe SSDs powering its heartbeat, Accelsior 4M2 delivers extreme data rates that will change the way you work or play.
More Lanes = Faster Throughput
Accelsior 4M2 was designed with a PCIe switch to let your computer address each of the M.2 NVMe drives at full x4 PCIe speeds instead of hard-limiting each drive to x2 PCIe speeds. When running in JBOD, where all four drives are typically not accessed at the same time, each drive has the unlocked capability to run at full speed.
2 to the Second Power
When over 6,000MB/s real world speed and 32TB of capacity isn’t enough to satisfy your needs, you can RAID two Accelsior 4M2 cards together to experience out-of-this-world performance.
Easy and Complete Drive Management with SoftRAID XT
SoftRAID XT is the most powerful, intuitive RAID management software on the market for macOS and Windows. SoftRAID’s RAID creation and management technology has been finely tuned to perfection with over 20 years of development to provide rock solid protection of your data and optimize drive performance. It is packed with features like multiple RAID options, validation and verification of drives, and predictive disk failure with SoftRAID Monitor. SoftRAID provides a level of performance that you simply can’t get with hardware RAID.
Multiple RAID Levels
Create advanced RAID 0/1/4/5/1+0 (10)1 volumes for higher performance and/or redundancy.2
More accurate than SMART, SoftRAID protects your data by alerting you to issues before anything happens, providing peace of mind and giving you more time to address issues. Solutions that rely exclusively on SMART data can be seeing performance loss or corruption before flagging an issue.
Built-in MacDrive technology lets you read/write SoftRAID HFS+ RAID 0/1/5 arrays and use them interchangeably between Windows and macOS.
With SoftRAID you’re not locked to expensive hardware. SoftRAID is upgradable and portable.
Easy License Management
New license management enables quick activation or deactivation so your license can move between computers.
Works with macOS 10.12 or later and Windows 10 and later.3
SoftRAID is ideal for anyone who needs to safely store and backup massive amounts of data, including video editors, audio producers, photographers and graphic designers.
- RAID 4/1+0 (10) is available for Mac only at this time.
- Improved data protection/redundancy requires RAID 1/4/5/1+0.
- SoftRAID serial numbers work on both Mac and Windows. SoftRAID is licensed per computer. In order to use SoftRAID on multiple computers, you will need a unique, valid license per computer. Additional licenses can be purchased anytime.
Your Digital Life...
Protected for Free
Your data is irreplaceable, and we take protecting it seriously. That's why this OWC Solution includes Acronis Cyber Protect Home Office – the world's only combination backup and antimalware solution that keeps your data protected from accidents, failures, and malware/ransomware attacks.
- Complete Backup And Fast Recovery - Quickly restore your files or entire system at any time.
- Easy Disk Cloning and Full Image Backup - Just two clicks to start a full disk image backup.
- Cloud, Local or Hybrid Cloud Backup - Back up locally, to the cloud, or both. With 250GB of cloud storage, it’s your choice.
- Integrated Protection from Malware - Behavioral heuristics stop ransomware and cryptojacking.
Learn more about Acronis Cyber Protect Home Office »
OWC Aura P12 Pro
The perfect match for Accelsior 4M2.
Combine Accelsior 4M2 with its perfect performance match – fast OWC Aura P12 Pro NVMe M.2 SSDs. Build your own ultra-fast RAID ready PCIe internal storage solution, and enjoy incredible transfer speeds, capacity, and OWC reliability!
More PCIe Storage Solutions from OWC
OWC Accelsior 8M2
OWC Beyond Fast™ – The fastest, highest capacity PCIe SSD in the galaxy.
This ultra high-performance 8-drive PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD solution provides mind-blowing performance – up to 12,000MB/s in Mac Pro and PCIe Gen 3 PCs, and over 26,000MB/s with PCIe Gen 4-capable computers!
OWC, Trusted by Pros & Enthusiasts the World Over
We build our hardware to the highest standards of reliability and performance. Because 100% reliability is always the goal, we rigorously quality test and back our hardware with a 5 Year OWC Limited Warranty and award-winning customer support.Learn More
- Data transfer rates will vary based on SSDs used, CPU speed, RAID setting, and PCIe version.
- Backward compatible with PCIe 2.0 slots at reduced speeds.
- Performance in a Thunderbolt 3 PCIe expansion chassis limited by maximum Thunderbolt 3 PCIe bandwidth of 2,800MB/s.
- Bootable using a single, independent M.2 startup disk, with the other three M.2 SSDs configured as independent volumes or as a software RAID (SoftRAID or Apple RAID). macOS 10.14.6 required on Mac Pro (2010-2012). macOS 10.15.1 or later required on Mac Pro (2019).
- 5 Year OWC Limited Warranty for 1.0TB and higher capacity PCIe SSD solutions. 3 Year OWC Limited Warranty for PCIe Expansion Card only.