OWC Copy That is an app that lets you easily copy photos and videos from your iPhone / iPad directly to external storage devices. It gives you the ability to select what you want to copy, where you want to copy, and how you want to copy your data and is available now for iOS and iPadOS.
With Copy That, OWC has taken the guesswork out of data backup. The process is simple. Connect your iPhone or iPad to an external drive. Select the type of media you want to copy and how you want to copy it. Then click the “Copy That” button, and you’re done. Whether you are a hobbyist out in the field taking nature photos, an influencer shooting daily videos, or you’re just an enthusiast taking family pictures, OWC Copy That lets you free up storage on your device, duplicate and protect your valuable data.
OWC Copy That includes smart copy functions that streamline the copy process. You can exclude screenshots and selfies and decide what you want to do with existing files. OWC Copy That puts you in control of your data. These settings are sticky. Once they are set, they become your default settings until you change them. This makes it a breeze to copy files in batches whenever you need. No longer do you have to click and click to copy photos and video. OWC Copy That makes the process quick and easy.
OWC Copy That Highlights
- More room: transferring photos and videos to an external drive frees up space on devices enabling space for additional apps and OS upgrades
- Extends use life: great for limited storage space older iOS devices
- Effortless sharing: external drives make it much easier to share files with desktops, laptops, and other users
- Copy Anywhere: transfer files to almost any destination including attached external storage, even network shares
- Duplicate with ease: once data is copied to external storage, data duplication and backups are easier and faster
- Works with iOS and iPadOS
“As a leader in the storage space, it makes sense that we would expand OWC’s years of data knowledge and offer this innovative iOS app into our product family. Copying data is just not as easy as it should be until now. OWC Copy That takes the guesswork out of selecting and copying various files, photos, etc., from Apple iOS devices. A product many of us at OWC have wanted, and we believe you do too.”Larry O’Connor, CEO and Founder of OWC
Pricing & Availability
OWC Copy That is available now for free in the App Store. At launch, in-app, purchases will be discounted for a limited time priced at $.99 and will move to $2.99. The special price is valid through the end of the year. In-app purchases will include Verified Copy, a more secure way to copy, verify copies of data by comparing to originals and Delete From Device, the ability to delete items from the iPhone or iPad.
Copy That 1.1 has been released. This includes the following changes:
- Added the ability to filter source media by date. This includes several presets (“Today”, “Past 2 days”, “Past week”, “Past 2 weeks”), and the option to set a custom date range.
- Added the ability to group copied media into folders on the destination disk. The user can select any combination of a custom folder name, grouping by iOS device name, media content type, and media creation date.
- When choosing a destination disk, we added a link to an online article about connecting external storage to help answer common questions
- Improved feedback and options if the user’s media & date choices result in no files being copied.
- Fixed a crash that happens when the user denies access to the Photos library, then starts a copy.
- Misc. UI improvements.