Your Mac was an investment. So, when you’re ready to upgrade to a newer model, it only makes sense to recoup as much of your investment as possible to offset the cost of your next purchase. But before you trade in your Mac, you’ll need to erase your data and return it to a factory setting.
In this video, Michelle from OWC Rocket Yard shares what to do when you’re preparing to trade in your Mac including:
- How to get your Mac back to a factory setting
- How to use Time Machine to create regular backups of your Mac’s internal drive
- How to use Disk Utility to format the external drive to an Apple compatible format
You’ll also learn how to unpair your Bluetooth connection and uninstall apps with your personal data, so your used Mac is ready for action the moment its new owner powers it up.
Once your computer is ready to rock, check out OWC’s trade-in program to get cash for your Mac. OWC’s used Mac resale program is just another one of the ways that we empower tech users to reach higher. Better payment for your used Mac… incredible upgrade options. Only from OWC.
- What You Need to Know About Your Mac Before Upgrading
- What you Need to Know Before Upgrading Your Macbook Battery
- 12 Days of Backups: Day 1 – Time Machine
- Performing a Factory Reset on Your M1 Mac to Regain Access to Your SoftRAID Volumes