The Fastest SSD We’ve Ever Built
Accelsior 4M2 NVMe SSD is OWC’s fastest SSD ever with over 6,000MB/s speed for large format video editing, VR/AR/MR environments, extreme gaming, and other high bandwidth needs. Available in capacities up to 8.0TB, Accelsior 4M2 is the ultimate performance drive for Mac Pro 2019, Mac Pro 2012 and 2010, and PC towers.
It offers silent cooling via a finned heat sink cover and installation versatility with a half-length x8/x16 design. If a Mac/PC doesn’t have an open or compatible PCIe slot but is Thunderbolt 3-equipped, Accelsior 4M2 can be used externally in the OWC Mercury Helios 3s (sold separately and coming soon).3
over 6,000MB/s real world speed in RAID 01
SUPERCHARGES MAC AND PC
ideal for Mac Pro 2019, Mac Pro 2012 or 2010, and PC towers
installs into a full-height, half-length x8 or x16 PCIe 3.0 or 2.0 slot2
no extra power cables needed
finned heat sink cover for fanless operation
pre-configured solutions undergo performance verification
start working in seconds4
up to 5 Year OWC Limited Warranty5
The Performance Advantage of NVMe
Non-Volatile Memory Express (NVMe) is a communication standard specifically built to optimize the performance of modern flash technology. It enables significantly faster SSD performance vs an SSD using the SATA interface, a communication protocol that was originally designed for hard disk drives. With NVMe SSDs powering its heartbeat, Accelsior 4M2 offers the fastest data rates ever delivered by an OWC SSD.
More Lanes = Faster Throughput
Accelsior 4M2 was designed with a PCIe switch to let your computer address each of the M.2 NVMe drives at full x4 PCIe speeds instead of hard-limiting each drive to x2 PCIe speeds. When running in JBOD, where all four drives are typically not accessed at the same time, each drive has the unlocked capability to run at full speed.
2 to the Second Power
When over 6,000MB/s real world speed and 8TB of capacity isn’t enough to satisfy your needs, you can RAID two Accelsior 4M2 cards together to experience out-of-this-world performance.
Includes SoftRAID: Easy and Complete Drive Management
Accelsior 4M2 includes SoftRAID software to help you manage your data like a pro. Use it to maximize drive space, get the fastest access speeds, and protect against drive failure with plug-and-play simplicity. SoftRAID’s easy setup makes it a breeze to create RAID volumes by helping you through the entire process. Just decide what you’re using your RAID volume for and how much space to allocate to it. It's that simple to create your preference of speed and/or redundancy attributes of your data volume.
- Up to 86% faster vs AppleRAID
- Create advanced RAID 0, 1, 4, 5, 1+0 (10) volumes for higher performance, greater data reliability, and/or redundancy
- Enterprise-class monitoring for disk and RAID volume health with email notifications
- Volume validation to ensure sectors can be read, parity is correct, and minimization of volume failure
- Disk certification checks that your disks are safe to store data on before use
- Disk failure prediction with early warning helps protect you from sudden disk failure
OWC, Trusted by Pros & Enthusiasts the World Over
We build our hardware to the highest standards of reliability and performance. Because 100% reliability is always the goal, we rigorously quality test and back our hardware with a 5 Year OWC Limited Warranty and award-winning customer support.Learn More
- Data transfer rates will vary based on SSDs used, CPU speed, RAID setting, and PCIe version.
- Backward compatible with PCIe 2.0 slots at reduced speeds.
- Performance in a Thunderbolt 3 PCIe expansion chassis limited by maximum Thunderbolt 3 PCIe bandwidth of 2,800MB/s.
- Bootable using a single, independent M.2 startup disk, with the other three M.2 SSDs configured as independent volumes or as a software RAID (SoftRAID or Apple RAID). macOS 10.14.6 required on Mac Pro (2010-2012). macOS 10.15.1 or later required on Mac Pro (2019).
- Limited Warranty on 1.0TB and higher capacity solutions. 3-Year Limited Warranty on 0GB “add your own drives” Accelsior 4M2 cards.