Other World Computing announced today that OWC is hosting its first ever Video Commercial Contest. Contest entrants are challenged to bring their vision to life, in 30 to 60 seconds, showing why everything is possible with OWC, and how OWC upgrades and solutions can transform a creative professional’s approach to their craft. The contest will begin accepting submissions on May 1st and will continue until June 30th.
One Grand Prize Package, worth over $12,000 will be awarded, in addition to a Runner Up Prize Package worth over $1,400. Winners will be chosen through public voting on a contest portal beginning on July 7 and continuing through July 31, 2015, with winners announced on August 10, 2015, on the Other World Computing website.
Grand Prize Package
The lucky winner of the Grand Prize Package will be able to further develop their video creation skills thanks to the high-end computer hardware and software components and camera that make up the Grand Prize:
- An Apple Mac Pro computer with six cores of processing power operating at 3.5GHz, the professional computer for the future.
- A 4K monitor, providing pixel-perfect clarity for precision editing.
- One year subscription to Adobe Creative Cloud service, featuring some of the world’s best creative software applications.
- Avid Artist Transport console, a compact media controller that allows creative professionals to navigate and edit projects with just one hand.
- Avid Artist Color control surface, a control surface that provides deep, hands-on control of all color correction and grading tasks.
- NewerTech Wireless Keypad, a wireless numeric keypad that complements Apple’s aluminum keyboards.
- OWC Thunderbolt 2 Dock, our high performance dock providing 12 ports of connectivity at 20 Gbps speed.
- OWC Aura Pro 2TB SSD, OWC’s largest internal SSD for the Mac Pro, and an OWC Envoy Enclosure for Mac Pro, which allows the lucky winner to repurpose the factory-installed Mac Pro SSD as an elegant external drive.
- OWC ThunderBay 4 RAID 16TB RAID Edition, the most advanced software RAID 5 technology developed for the Mac, with massive storage capacity.
- 64GB OWC Memory for Mac Pro, to ensure high performance of the system.
- GoPro Hero4 Black, GoPro’s newest and most advanced video camera.
Runner Up Prize Package
The second highest vote gatherer will receive:
- An OWC ThunderBay 4 RAID 16TB RAID Edition External Storage Solution
- OWC Thunderbolt 2 Dock.
Contestants are asked to create an original video commercial between 30 and 60 seconds long. Be creative! Show the world why OWC solutions are the key to unlocking true creative potential using one of the following three themes:
- Everything is Possible.
- Go Further.
- The Speed to Create. The Capacity to Dream.
Some general rules to be aware of: all submissions should be English-language content only – this is to ensure the largest possible number of voters can understand the video. All voting results will be final, and the winners will be notified by email. For contest details, visit https://eshop.macsales.com/shop/video-contest/entries.
Entering the contest is easy, just submit your video beginning May 1 at https://eshop.macsales.com/shop/video-contest/entries. The key dates to be aware of are:
- The opening date for submissions is May 1, 2015. Entrants will need to have a Facebook page in order to participate.
- Submissions will be accepted until 11:59 PM central time, June 30, 2015.
- Videos that follow the guidelines in the terms and conditions will be posted online starting on July 7, 2015 and the public voting period will run through July 31, 2015.
- The winners will be announced August 10, 2015 on Other World Computing’s website.
“Over the years we have seen that OWC fans include some of the most creative and talented people out there, and this contest gives them a chance to show the world how far they can go with OWC,” said Larry O’Connor, Founder and CEO, Other World Computing. “You don’t need your own studio to enter — the next viral OWC video commercial can be anything from simple footage shot on an iPhone to a grand production with scripting, music, animation, special effects — the sky’s the limit, and we urge entrants to just go for it!”
For contest inquiries, please email email@example.com