OWC Thunderbolt Hub now available for pre-order on MacSales.com
Previously certified for Thunderbolt 4 PCs, the OWC Thunderbolt Hub is now available for new M1 Macs and all Thunderbolt 3-equipped Macs once upgraded to Apple’s new macOS 11 Big Sur. The OWC Thunderbolt Hub will give both Mac and PC users the additional Thunderbolt ports they’ve always wanted.
The OWC Thunderbolt Hub offers the newest in Thunderbolt hubbing technology. You can now have four Thunderbolt ports, plus one USB port on your new Apple M1 Mac, Apple ‘Intel’ Mac with Thunderbolt 3, or any Thunderbolt 4 PC with this compact hub. You can connect and charge any device with a USB-C or USB-A connector. Support up to two 4K displays or a single 5K/6K/8K display. Add high-performance storage, including NVMe solutions, and generally make your workflow work for you by adding A/V mixers, phone or tablet, even desktop accessories like a keyboard or mouse – all through a single Thunderbolt port. Accessories with past, present, or future USB or Thunderbolt interfaces connect to the OWC Thunderbolt Hub.
“Mac users, like me, have been waiting for years to add more Thunderbolt ports. Now, thanks to OWC and the new macOS 11 BigSur, we can finally do it! For those of us with lots of Thunderbolt – we can now have even more bus-powered devices, better manage our device chains, and even optimize for better device performance. Adding more devices and creating new workflows to optimize better workflows just got a whole lot easier.”Larry O’Connor, CEO, and Founder of OWC.
OWC Thunderbolt Hub Highlights:
- The Thunderbolt hubbing technology you’ve always wanted: Made possible for the first time by OWC, you have four fully functional Thunderbolt ports for your computer. All Thunderbolt ports are backward compatible for USB too.
- Plug everything in: Same device compatibility and performance, whether plugged into the hub or directly into your machine.
- Manage more devices: Connect storage, two 4K displays or one 5K/6K/8K display, multiple accessories – you name it, you can use it.
- Revolutionary development: New multi-port accessory architecture reinvents the daisy chain and allows more bus-powered devices.
- Adjustable LED: Customize illumination for your unique work setting.
- Built-in security: Kensington Nano Security Slot™ for anti-theft cabling.
- OWC ClingOnTM ready: secure your Thunderbolt (USB-C) connections to prevent work session interruption and possible data loss from cable strain and accidental disconnect in active, heavy traffic flow workspaces.
Pricing & Availability
The fully Mac and PC/Windows certified OWC Thunderbolt Hub is available now for pre-order through MacSales.com for $149.00 and will begin shipping in early-December.
Leave a Reply