AirDrop between iOS and Mac devices
Here is an example of using AirDrop to share a file from a Mac to a device running iOS 8:
- Open a Finder window on the Mac and select "AirDrop" form the Favorites sidebar. If Wi-Fi and Bluetooth are not both enabled you may have to select "Turn On Wi-Fi and Bluetooth" "Turn on Bluetooth" or "Turn on Wi-FI" in the right window pane.
- Change the "Allow me to be discovered by:" drop-down menu to "Everyone"
- Go to the iOS 8 device and swipe up from the bottom of the screen to activate the "Control Center". Select the AirDrop menu at the bottom/middle of the screen and change it to "Everyone"
- Go back to the Mac and make sure that the iOS device is seen. It may take a little time for the devices to see each other.
- Find the file that you would like to transfer to the iOS device and either drag and drop it on top of the iOS Device in the AirDrop window or right-click on it and select Share → AirDrop and then select the iOS device
- Accept the incoming file on the iOS device
By use of this page, you agree to indemnify and hold Other World Computing, Inc., its parent operating company, New Concepts Development Corporation, and its officers, directors, shareholders, predecessors, successors in interest, employees, agents, subsidiaries and affiliates, harmless from any demands, loss, liability, claims or expenses (including attorneys' fees), made against OWC by any third party due to or arising out of or in connection with your use of the Site.
YOU FURTHER AGREE THAT THE SITE AND ITS CONTENT, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE OWC OS UPDATE GUIDE PAGE, ARE DELIVERED ON AN "AS-IS" AND "AS-AVAILABLE" BASIS. ALL INFORMATION PROVIDED ON THE SITE IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE. OWC DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING ANY WARRANTIES OF ACCURACY, NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. OWC DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL LIABILITY FOR THE ACTS, OMISSIONS AND CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTIES IN CONNECTION WITH OR RELATED TO YOUR USE OF THE SITE AND/OR ANY OWC SERVICES. YOU ASSUME TOTAL RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR USE OF THE SITE AND ANY LINKED SITES. YOUR SOLE REMEDY AGAINST OWC FOR DISSATISFACTION WITH THE SITE OR ANY CONTENT IS TO STOP USING THE SITE OR ANY SUCH CONTENT.
For the full Site Terms, please visit: http://eshop.macsales.com/service/terms