Who would have imagined it? Just two months after the initial Falling Prices posts, we’re already in repeats. In June, we announced some great price reductions in our Mercury Elite-AL Pro Performance 7200RPM RAID “Triple Interface” model line. Now, we’re happy to announce even further price cuts.
As I mentioned back then, these are really nice units: fast enough for the data I was writing to it and incredibly easy to set up. With all the software and extras included (hint: the secret ingredient is “love”) they were a great deal before; this new price drop makes them an even better value.
In case you’re new (and/or just don’t feel like searching the archives) let’s go over some of the features of this specific OWC Storage Solution:
- Triple-Interface – The Mercury Elite-AL Pro Performance 7200RPM RAID can connect up via FireWire 800, FireWire 400, or USB 2.0. All you need to do is plug it in and go, so it’s great for projects that need to bounce between computers.
- Custom Oxford-based bridge – This A/V Certified bridge chipset ensures fast and reliable data transfer between the drives and your computer.
- Large Capacity – The Mercury Elite-AL Pro Performance 7200RPM RAID is available in capacities up to 4.0TB. That’s enough room to store all your music, Photos, capture video, or even make backups.
- Fast, Fast, Fast – There are two 7200 RPM drives, configured in a RAID 0 (striped) in this solution. This provides phenomenal read/write speeds, making disk-intensive tasks, such as video capture and editing, much faster.
- Fully Bootable – With Snow Leopard releasing soon, many people are cloning their old system over to an external drive before installing the new OS. With the Mercury Elite-AL Pro Performance 7200RPM RAID, you can rest assured that if a key piece of software is incompatible with 10.6, you can boot right to your clone and continue working.
- No searching for cables – Like all OWC products, the Mercury Elite-AL Pro Performance 7200RPM RAID comes with all the connecting cables you need. Whether you need FireWire 800, FireWire 400 or USB 2.0, the cable is in the box so you can use your drive right away.
- Backup software included – For making your backups easy, we include the full retail version of Prosoft DataBackup III ($59 retail value) for OS X and NovaStor NovaBackup ($49 retail value) for Windows. Also included is the Intech HD Speedtools performance suite and Carbon Copy Cloner. None of these applications are required to use the Elite, but they are excellent applications to have in your utilities library.
- 3-Year Warranty – The Mercury Elite-AL Pro Performance 7200RPM RAID is backed by an industry leading 3 Year Full Solution Warranty, underscoring OWC’s commitment to quality, performance and reliability.
- The Mercury Elite-AL Pro Performance 7200RPM RAID also qualifies for our exclusive Prosoft Drive Genius offer! Buy Drive Genius now for as low as $25 with purchase of a qualifying storage product – That’s up to 74% off retail price, up to 37% off OWC’s lowest normal selling price!
I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again – these Storage Solutions are one heck of a value, especially with these new, lower prices.
- 640GB 7200RPM with 32MB Data Buffer – NOW $179.99
- 1.0TB 7200RPM with 32MB Data Buffer – $199.99
- 1.0TB 7200RPM with 32MB Data Buffer – NOW $254.99
- 2.0TB 7200RPM with 32MB Data Buffer – $259.99
- 2.0TB 7200RPM with 64MB Data Buffer – NOW $287.99
- 2.0TB “Enterprise Class” 7200RPM w/64MB Buffer – NOW $359.99
- 3.0TB 7200RPM with 64MB of Data Buffer – $379.99
- 4.0TB GreenPower w/64MB of Data Buffer – was $679.99, NOW $579.99 (a $100 price drop!)
- OWC Elite-AL Pro RAID SATA HD x 2 enclosure kits are also available without drives as ‘Add Your Own Hard Drives Kits’ starting from $104.99, and have user configurable options for different RAID and non-RAID modes.
Ease of use, speed and reliability make the Mercury Elite-AL Pro Performance 7200RPM RAID a great solution. These new prices make them a great value.
Leave a Reply