OWC announced today its presence for the first time at The NAMM Show (National Association of Music Merchants) in Anaheim, California, January 21-24, 2016. OWC will exhibit an impressive catalog of award-winning storage solutions, SSDs and memory upgrades for music production professionals. The OWC booth will be in the Anaheim Convention Center Arena, booth number 7613.
To celebrate OWC’s participation for the first time at NAMM, visitors who have their badge scanned at the OWC booth will be entered to win one of several daily prize offerings, including OWC external storage and Thunderbolt products. On Saturday, January 23, OWC will award a Paul Reed Smith CE 24 guitar. Contestants must be present to win, details are available at the OWC booth.
As a sponsor of the John Lennon Educational Tour Bus, OWC is also proud to announce its sponsorship of the 2016 Imagine Party at NAMM, on Friday, January 22, at 5:45 p.m. in the NAMM Nissan Grand Plaza Stage. The event is presented by the John Lennon Educational Tour Bus to celebrate music education, and will feature a performance by Dr. John and the Nite Trippers. The event is open to the public.
Continuing a legacy of innovation for creative professionals, OWC will exhibit several new products:
- OWC USB-C Dock: The OWC USB-C Dock is designed for the new Apple MacBook and provides ten ports with the ability to charge devices, connect a display, add external storage, import photos from an SD card, utilize wired Gigabit Ethernet connections, connect audio accessories, and even power the MacBook, all through a single USB Type-C cable. The dock is available for pre-order at $159.00 and OWC will start fulfilling pre-orders in January 2016.
- OWC Mercury Electra MAX 6G 2.0TB SSD: The all-new Mercury Electra MAX 6G 2.0TB SSD is the highest capacity 2.5” solid-state drive ever offered by OWC. Shipping this January, the Electra MAX 6G is a high-performance 6.0Gb/s SSD that combines extraordinary capacity with the award-winning performance and reliability of the OWC Mercury SSD lineup. With real-world sustained speeds up to 490MB/s, Electra MAX is built to handle exceptional amounts of data in the most demanding production environments.
- OWC Accelsior S: The OWC Accelsior S is a PCIe host adapter, providing a simple solution for adding a high speed SATA 6G drive to PCs or silver Mac Pro towers that are otherwise restricted to 3G architecture. Combined with a high performance SSD (not included), Accelsior S brings cutting edge 6G performance to any SATA 3G system with a PCIe slot. With more than 500MB/s of throughput, the Accelsior S card delivers flexible storage expansion – with a speed boost – to Macs or PCs.
Almost two dozen other products will be on display, including:
- OWC Thunderbolt 2 Dock: The OWC Thunderbolt 2 Dock is an award-winning 12-port dock capable of an astounding 20 Gbps of throughput with phenomenal flexibility, featuring five high-powered USB 3.1 Gen 1 (compatible with USB 3.0) ports for powering hard drives, SSDs or optical drives. The dock also features support for Ultra-HD 4K, Gigabit Ethernet, multiple displays and FireWire 800.
- OWC ThunderBay 4: The OWC ThunderBay 4 is an award-winning external drive featuring four 3.5″ drive bays options for up to 32TB of storage. ThunderBay 4 is built to deliver enormous capacity and it supports flexible RAID configurations to match a user’s performance needs. ThunderBay 4 RAID solutions are driven by the powerful SoftRAID engine, with advanced RAID modes, disk monitoring, email notifications and fast rebuild capabilities. ThunderBay 4 delivers the capacity and speed needed for demanding creative workflows.
- OWC Mercury Accelsior Pro Q high performance PCIe SSD: The OWC Accelsior Pro Q is a PCIe 2.0 x8 SSD that delivers performance at more than twice the speed of SATA 6Gb/s. Available in 1TB and 2TB capacities, and with sustained speeds up to 1223 MB/s, Accelsior Pro Q is an ideal storage solution for creative professionals who require peak performance in their audio and video workflows. The drive fits in any standard x8 or greater PCIe slot, like those found in Mac Pro and PC computers, and PCIe expansion chassis.
“We’re committed to constant innovation, to find new ways to meet the ever changing needs of professionals in content creation,” said Larry O’Connor, OWC Founder and CEO. “With a focus on speed and connectivity, we’re excited to showcase some fantastic products this year at NAMM. OWC workflow solutions help professionals focus on their masterpiece, rather than their production tools.”