With the Thanksgiving holiday now behind us, we move on the next batch of holidays focused on giving (and receiving!). Fortunately, the days of waiting in long lines to cross names off of your list are in the past. Shopping online allows you to get what you need shipped right to your door. The only steps outside you’ll need to take are to pick your package up from your porch.
Fortunately, affordable shipping makes the holidays painless, but as with your holiday shopping, the emphasis here is on being informed and getting an early start.
And here at the Rocket Yard, we’re big believers that knowledge is power, so we’ve once again set up some tips and shipping estimates and deadlines to help make sure you get your order from us on time. After all, holidays are much better spent enjoying quality time with family and friends, rather than stressing over shipping times.
Tip #1: Watch where your package is shipping from and that company’s daily shipping deadlines. For our customers, most of our orders ship from our Woodstock, Ill. location, so shipping is only a day for anywhere in Illinois, a good chunk of Wisconsin and Iowa, and some of Michigan, Indiana and Missouri. We also have a shipping facility in Nevada for enhanced order processing and fulfillment. We recommend always planning for the item to ship from Woodstock, Ill. and if it ships from NV, it will be early! Why spend more on faster shipping if you don’t have to? Our daily shipping deadlines vary by carrier and service, so you’ll want to make sure you check our Shipping Options page to make sure you order is in on time.
Tip #2: Watch the weather. Winter is coming and, typically, that means winter storms aren’t too far behind. A good storm can easily ground cargo planes or cause accidents for the trucks on the road, and that can cause delays both big and small. If there’s a storm coming, select a faster method than you need, just in case. Cutting your time in half, if possible, will help make sure that if something does go wrong, you still walk away happy.
Tip #3: Ship to yourself as often as possible. Responsible merchants will be confirming credit card information to help prevent credit card fraud to their customers during the holiday season. Shipping to the same address your card-issuing bank has on file for you will ensure speedy processing and fewer delays.
Now for the good stuff! Here are our recommendations for holiday shipping estimates:
- Dec 17 – Deadline for UPS 3 Day Select shipments (delivery on Dec 21).
- Dec 19 – Deadline for UPS 2nd Day Air shipments (delivery on Dec 21).
- Dec 20 – Deadline for UPS 2nd Day Air shipments (delivery on Dec 22). Note that these packages must be processed and labeled for Saturday delivery, which is not available in all ZIP codes
- Dec 21 – Deadline for UPS Next Day Air shipments. (delivery on Dec 22). Note that these packages must be processed and labeled for Saturday delivery, which is not available in all ZIP codes
FedEx Christmas Shipping Deadlines (US to US, US to PR, Canada and Mexico)
- Dec 15 – Deadline for FedEx Ground
- Dec 18 – Deadline for FedEx Home Delivery
- Dec 19 – Deadline for US to Mexico for International Priority
- Dec 20 – Deadline for FedEx 2-Day
- Dec 20 – Deadline for US to PR and Canada for International Economy
- Dec 20 – Deadline for US to Mexico for International Priority
- Dec 20 – Deadline for FedEx Standard Overnight, Priority Overnight, First Overnight
- Dec 20 – Deadline for US to PR and Canada for International Priority
USPS Christmas Shipping Deadlines (within the U.S.)
- Dec 11 – APO/FPO/DPO AE for Priority Mail
- Dec 15 – Deadline for Standard Parcel Post (Mail) shipments. Get your Christmas cards off by today.
- Dec 16 – APO/FPO/DPO AE for Priority Express Mail shipments
- Dec 19 – Deadline for First Class Mail
- Dec 20 – Deadline for Priority Mail
- Dec 20 – Deadline for Priority Express Mail shipments
For our international customers, we recommend reviewing the estimated delivery times to your area with your preferred carrier. Since we ship to over 200 countries it is difficult to give average estimates for international shipments via express carriers, so you may wish to check these carriers’ websites to confirm shipping times.
Please note, all shipments domestically from OWC are shipped with just the packing slip included, which does not include prices for those of you shipping gifts directly to friends and family. International import laws require that all packages shipped internationally include the appropriate customs paperwork, which will include the cost of the items being shipped be adhered to the outside of the package. Any duties, taxes or brokerage/import fees due will be collected at the time of delivery.
Please don’t hesitate to ask if you have any questions; we’re always here to help make sure you find exactly what you need and get it when you need it. You can contact our friendly and helpful Sales, Customer Service or Technical Support by phone at 800-275-4576 or Internationally at 815-338-8685, or via Live Chat or email via our website.
And remember when doing your shopping, OWC has the best deals this season on our Holiday Specials page. We wish all the best to you and yours during the holiday season. Happy shopping!
Leave a Reply