Newer Technology, Inc. announced today the Power2U AC/USB Wall Outlet for simultaneously charging and/or powering two USB devices along with two traditional AC-powered ‘plug in’ items. The only home-safe, UL Listed in-wall product on the market, Power2U incorporates two traditional three-prong AC wall sockets along with two USB 3.0/2.0/1.1 ports to enhance living and working spaces by eliminating the clutter created by multiple cables and unsightly bulky power adapters.
Ideal Home Upgrade For Multiple Device Users
Ideal for homes with users of multiple USB chargeable devices, the Power2U AC/USB Wall Outlet is a basic “DIY” install on any 15Amp circuit with a 16 cubic inch electrical box to blend seamlessly into the wall as a standard power outlet. A “straightforward” rated “how to” video showing how the Power2U can be installed in as little as 20 minutes is also available.
Money Saving, Energy Efficient Design
Offering a modern, centralized location for charging/powering USB devices, the Power2U offers two energy efficient features to complement its use convenience. The Smart Power design only outputs enough charging power required by the attached device, while spring-loaded Safety Shutters turn power off to the USB ports when a connecting cable is removed.
Patented Design & UL Certification Ensures Safe Home Use
Because the Power2U incorporates a patented integrated AC to DC power transformer design and is the only UL Listed in-wall solution of its kind, homeowners can install it with full confidence and no safety compromise.
“We’re absolutely thrilled to offer the first home-safe in-wall charging solution for Apple iDevices, Android devices, and other USB chargeable devices,” said Grant Dahlke, Brand Manager, Newer Technology, Inc. “Now Homeowners and hardware retailers have an in-wall solution they can purchase with full confidence.”
- Patented design charges iPads, iPhones, iPods, Android tablets and phones, MP3 players, GPS, digital cameras, and other USB 3.0/2.0/1.1 chargeable devices without requiring a bulky adapter
- Smart Power feature only outputs enough charging power required by the attached device
- Energy efficient, spring-loaded Safety Shutter design turns power off to USB ports when connecting cable is removed
- Uses standard four-pin type A jack USB cables
- Installs on standard 15A electrical circuit with a 16 cubic inch electrical box
- UL/CUL Listed
- Includes mounting screws with white plastic covers, matching white wallplate, and illustrated step-by-step installation manual
Leave a Reply