You can take the notes that you’ve created in other apps, and import them into the Notes app in macOS. Sweet!
When you import notes, you can add them to your iCloud notes account or your “On My Mac” account. If you store them in iCloud, you can automatically see all of your notes on any device where you’re signed in with your Apple ID.
1. With Notes launched, choose “Notes > Preferences…” or hit ⌘,
2. Choose to store your notes in iCloud or On My Mac. Click a folder in the account that you want to use.
3. In the menu bar, select either “File > Import from iPhone or iPad” or “File > Import to Notes.” The former will allow you to take a photo, scan a document, or add a sketch to a note.
4. Select the file or folder that you want to import. If the notes that you’re importing are organized in folders, click “Options” in the lower-left corner to keep them organized.
5. Click “Import.” When you see a confirmation message, click Import again.
After your notes import, you’ll see a new folder in the Notes app called Imported.