Newer Technology, Inc. announced today the NewerTech USB 3.0 Universal Drive Adapter for connecting any 2.5″, 3.5″, or 5.25″ hard drive, SSD, or optical drive to Macs and PCs via USB 3.0 for file transfer after the upgrade of an internal hard drive; for backing-up and storing file archives; and for data access from stored backup drives with driverless, Plug & Play ease and SuperSpeed 5Gb/s data transfer rate performance.
It comes with everything needed for immediate use including power cables, interface connecting cables, a heavy duty UL listed 2.0 Amp AC adapter, and a full one year NewerTech warranty. It is compatible with Mac computers running OS 8.6 or higher including all versions of OS X and Microsoft Windows based systems.
Offers Easy Drive Upgrade File Transfer
With digital audio, video, and photo files growing in size and becoming a part of daily life, consumers need larger hard drives to store their content libraries. After upgrading to a larger capacity drive, the NewerTech USB 3.0 Universal Drive Adapter enables consumers to transfer data between the drives and the give the switched out drive a second life as an external storage solution. The adapter also enables use of drives on an “as needed” basis for emergency data access should files need to be restored to the computer’s internal drive as well as transfer data from drives removed from a failed computer.
Universal Compatibility…Works With All Drives
Truly universal in compatibility, the NewerTech USB 3.0 Universal Drive Adapter has been tested to work with all hard drive brands, including Maxtor, Seagate, IBM, Hitachi, Samsung, Western Digital, and Fujitsu; optical drive brands, including LG, Lite-On, Panasonic, Pioneer, Plextor, Sony, Teac, and Toshiba; and removable media drives, such as Iomega Zip. The NewerTech USB 3.0 Universal Drive Adapter provides a USB 3.0 data transfer rate speed of up to 5Gb/s (500MB/s) and is also backwards compatible with USB 2.0/1.1 interface equipped computers.
- Easily transfer files and access data from internal and external 2.5″, 3.5″, or 5.25″ hard drive, SSD, and optical drives with any standard IDE/ATA/ATAPI 40 pin or SATA interface
- Gives a second life to switched-out drives… instantly turns any ATA or SATA drive into an external drive
- Supports USB 3.0 & USB 2.0/1.1 standards
- Maximum transfer rates up to 5 Gb/s (500MB/s)
- Supports hard drives up to 2TB
- No drivers to install – Plug & Play
- LED informs of an accurate device connection and disk activity
- Includes all connection and power cables including a 2 Amp UL listed power adapter for drive power.
“We’re very excited to be adding the fastest data transfer interface currently available to our universal drive adapter line,” said Grant Dahlke, Brand Manager, Newer Technology Inc. “The USB 2.0 model has been a resounding success with the media and consumers over the past six years and we fully expect this new model to become a ‘must have’ tool for computer technicians as well the average user.”