OWC, in partnership with MacSales.com, is holding its Second Annual Video Contest. Contest entrants are challenged to bring their vision to life, in 30 to 60 seconds, featuring OWC upgrades and solutions while incorporating one of three themes:
- Everyone is a creator
- Unleash your Mac
- Upgrade the world
How It Works
The contest will accept submissions September 29 through November 2, 2016. [UPDATE: Deadline extended to Nov. 13!]
An all-new Grand Prize Package, worth over $10,000 will be awarded, in addition to a Runner Up Prize Package worth over $2,500. Finalists will be chosen via online public voting beginning November 15 and continuing through November 29, 2016. An expert panel of five judges will determine the winners of the Grand Prize and Runner Up prize packages, with the winners to be announced on December 15, 2016 at MacSales.com.
For contest details and to submit a video, visit eshop.macsales.com/shop/video-contest/entries.
An Incredible Grand Prize Package
The Grand Prize winner will be able to achieve new levels of creativity thanks to the production-grade hardware, software, and camera solutions included in this package:
- OWC Upgraded 2014 Apple 27” iMac with Retina 5K display
- Phantom 4 Drone Package
- Blackmagic URSA Mini Hand-held Super 35 Digital Film Camera
- Blackmagic Video Assist High-Resolution Monitor
- 8TB OWC ThunderBay 4 mini, RAID 5 Edition
- 480GB OWC Mercury Extreme Pro 6G SSD
- 240GB OWC Envoy Pro EX Portable External Storage Solution
- 120GB OWC Envoy Pro mini Portable External SSD Storage Solution
- AVID Pro Tools 10 LE
- Adobe Creative Cloud 1 Year Subscription
- 64 Audio U3 Earphones
- Lewitt DGT 450 USB Microphone
- PRA Audio WiC wireless instrument connection
- CME X-Key MIDI Piano Keyboard
- Seagull Entourage Rustic Acoustic Guitar
- Graph Tech Ratio Tuned Machine Heads for Acoustic Guitar
- OWC Premium Thunderbolt Cables, 2M and 3M, Blue cables
Runner Up Prize Package
- Blackmagic Cinema Camera
- iKlip A/V Mount for Smartphones
- OWC Mercury Elite Pro Dual 8TB External Storage Solution
- OWC Mercury Extreme Pro 6G SSD, 480GB
- September 29, 2016: Opening date for submissions. Facebook account required.
- November 13, 2016 – 11:59PM Central Time: Submission deadline.
- November 15, 2016: Public voting period begins
- November 29, 2016: Public voting period ends
- December 15, 2016: Winners announced on MacSales.com
All submissions should be English-language content only. All voting results will be final, and the winners will be notified by email. Videos that follow the guidelines in the terms and conditions will be posted online for viewing starting on Sept. 30, 2016.
“Last year we saw incredible talent and creativity in the first OWC Video Contest, proving you don’t need a big studio to produce compelling content,” said Larry O’Connor, Founder and CEO, OWC. “This year’s themes —’Everyone is a creator’, ‘Unleash your Mac’, and ‘Upgrade your world’ — reflect our mission to unleash the potential of your Mac, and we can’t wait to see this year’s entries!”